"Five days alone in Arnhem..." Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem by adema29

Arnhem Travel Guide: 402 reviews and 1,459 photos

Again for Pavlik :)

I would like to say thank you for your advices and of course for the invitation to visit some special places here in your "fief". The best recommendation was referring to the park Sonsbeek, but also the restaurant tips were helping a lot.
I was trying to climb the tower of Eusebiuskerk and to ring the bell as per your established rule...tending to become a tradition:) I was busy every day until 5 o'clock and this is when the church is closing... unfortunately :(

The Holland's Salzburg

Even if the city is still keeping untouched the local “air” I have compared it at the first sight with Salzburg. Perhaps it was due to the narrow streets and the multitude of old buildings (with a very different architecture of course) and well arranged shops and lot of terraces everywhere.

Excelent food

I have been eating or just drinking a beer or a coffee in a lot of restaurants and I am amazed by the food and the service around. All the restaurants I have seen in the city center are looking great and the waiters are doing everywhere a good job.

• Last visit to Arnhem: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2011

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2009 at 3:59 AM

I passed Arnhem many times by, but never stopped. I should do it, once. Many thanks for your visit on my Chalkidiki. Just one more recomendation for you: Do not give any sample of Retsina to the third member of your team! Have a nice holiday in Greece.

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 5:20 AM

Never realized that we where dangerous on our bikes :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Very enjoyable page on Arnhem. Love your sense of humour (favourite dish - blondes) and you had a wonderful guide in Pavlik_NL. We got to ring the bell too. Also thanks for stopping by my Cordoba.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 1:19 AM

Your page is coming along well and I am very happy you had a good time in Arnhem. Especially now, wityh the autumn colours, Sonsbeek-park is beautiful. Greets from NL, Paul

adema29

“We are all the same, education makes the difference”

Badges & Stats in Arnhem