"Norway... the World's Sanctuar" Norway by adema29
Norway Travel Guide: 10,617 reviews and 30,106 photos
When I have first visited Norway in June 2006 for an interview, I felt in love with it. Starting with the green view from the plane and ending with the noisy terraces in Stavanger.
The people here have not heard until now about our crazy World. They are not trying to copy our style of life and this is for sure the best thing they can do. They still have safe jobs and normal relations with the others, they are still untouched by the crazy life we use to have in the other countries.
The country is clean and they are still drinking clean water from the tap without any reason to be scared, the lakes on the mountain side are not yet polluted by the well known plastic bottles or beer cans.
I have found here lost heavens like Forsøl, Rypefjord or Akkarfjord. Clean lakes where the trout is still surviving like hundred years ago in my country.
As a conclusion, if in the future I will change my mind about emigration, this is the country where I would like to live.
The Norwegians are "strange" people for a "normal" European.
They are polite, they will always find time to help you with everything you wish, they have open minds and their life seems to be easier than for all of us "the others" in Europe.
One of them told me that the economical situation in Norway can be described in only few words... "If I want something... I will buy it!"
So simple isn't it?
This is why you can see in the courtyards nice cars and boats, and motorbikes or an horse (not so often anyway).
This is why every single day the pubs and restaurants are full and the parties are going on until he middle of the night...
This is why they are so happy!
When we say Norway, we say Fjords, isn't it?
I was amazed when I have seen first time a fjord.
And my breath is still stopping when, coming along narrow valleys (dalene) so special and so green, the view is opening with a shocking, still, deep waters reflecting the high rocky mountains behind to the smallest detail.
I have always felt so small laying at the bottom of those still un-spoiled mountains .
- Pros:It is beautiful...
- Cons:On the western coast it's raining almost every day :(
- In a nutshell:This is the World's Sanctuar... the place where the time refuses to move on, where people are still un-touched by the general madness...
If everybody knows about the fjords in Norway, I am sure that not so many have heard about the Norwegian beaches. It is... more travel advice
You'll not be probably surprised to find out that in Norway are a lot of waterfalls, a lot of them being listed in the... more travel advice
adema29's Related Pages
Norway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Norway: The fjords land"
- "Norway - the nature in its purest form"
- "Saagar's Norway pages"
- "Beautiful Norway!"
- "Trip to Urnes and Bergen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norway
- Hotels in Norway
- Transportation in Norway
- Nightlife in Norway
- Restaurants in Norway
- Shopping in Norway
- Warnings and Dangers in Norway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norway
- 182 Reviews
- 920 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norway
Videos in NorwaySee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 73 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 112 photos
- Cimpina Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos