"Sintra-a MUST SEE if you're in Portugal" Sintra by adema29
Sintra Travel Guide: 538 reviews and 2,164 photos
Starting with the 19th century when Pena Palace was “converted” into the summer residence for the King of Portugal Sintra starts to be an interesting spot for all the rich people in Portugal.
Of course all the royal court came there and start building beautiful palaces and residences.
As a tourist, I like the narrow streets and the small shops with “ajuleros”- painted ceramic tiles and, of course the painting studio I have found by chance on a small street above the city.
It is sad that, in our time, Portugal –once the richest country in Europe- have some problems in properly maintaining all the buildings in Sintra.
Once in Sintra we knew that we MUST go to Piriquita and taste those well-advertised Queijadas and Travesseiros. Of... more travel advice
adema29's Related Pages
Sintra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Freshness near Lisbon"
- "The Pinnacle of Portugal !"
- "Keeweechic's Sintra"
- "Magic Town"
- "Sintra, Portugal"
- "THE NOBLE TOWN OF SINTRA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sintra
- Hotels in Sintra
- Transportation in Sintra
- Nightlife in Sintra
- Restaurants in Sintra
- Shopping in Sintra
- Warnings and Dangers in Sintra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sintra
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Sintra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sintra
- Posted in Travel Genoa Forum "Re: Four days in Genoa in April"
- updated a Sintra Travel Page "Sintra-a MUST SEE if you're in Portugal"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sintra-a MUST SEE if you're in Portugal"
- Wrote a Review Queijadas and Travesseiros about Café a Piriquita in Sintra Restaurants
- Commented on one of solopes's Sintra travel pages
Photos in SintraSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 73 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 112 photos
- Cimpina Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos