"Haugesund- my home for few months" Haugesund by adema29

Haugesund Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 134 photos

Another Norwegian city on my travel map...

The 24th city in Norway, with around 33000 people, seems to be a typical "aglomeration", as the cities in Norway not the cities we use to see all over Europe.
Thoose 30000 people are dispersed on an area bigger than Ireland :)
And believe me that they are very well dispersed, as everywhere you are going you'll find "villages" with few houses only.
Everywhere is obvious the peace and the fact that the people are working hard to maintain their white nice houses and the tidy gardens or farms.

• Last visit to Haugesund: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Nice tips and photos! I am very impressed that you are doing as the Norwegians do, walking and running around on those trails in the fresh air in a heavy cold rain in January.

• adema29's Profile Photo
      Jun 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

It sounds so "sporty" as you phrased this but, actually I have been mostly walking : )
      The amazing part of my expeditions is that I've done this alone most of the time.
      In those muddy dark forests, the adrenaline was almost bursting my heart out of my chest. Probably this is what kept me going out in the rain and capture thousand of photos with mud and dark romantic forests.
      I remember that once I have invited with me a Dutch colleague and he was really scared being in that deep forest in Soreasen, out in the wild.

adema29 Lives Here!

adema29

“We are all the same, education makes the difference”

Badges & Stats in Haugesund

Have you been to Haugesund?

Latest Activity in Haugesund