"Kongsberg-"King's Mountain"" Top 5 Page for this destination Kongsberg by adema29
Kongsberg Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 173 photos
Kongsberg is one of the medium sized cities in Norway, founded in 1964 as a mining city by the Danish king Christian IV.
There were few silver mines which have attracted a lot of people, all of them looking for a better life but, for a heavy one as a miner here.
It is interesting anyway to mention that they have worked 5 days per week even few hundred years ago.
In the 18th century, Kongsberg was the second sized city in Norway, most of the population being involved in mining and the related industry.
Later it becomes an important industrial city, known for the weapons industry and as the "home" of Norwegian coins.
I was one of the few tourists having the chance to visit the royal mine. It was, as somebody said, the most unsafe moment in my life.
We have had a dinner there and I have to recognise that it was an unique experience.
I have tried to see as much as possible from the city and I would recommend you the Church and the Mining Museum which is more than one museum... Go there and you'll be impressed by the way they have organised that place.
In our place it is well known that meeting a chimney sweeper is a clear sign of being very lucky. It is easy to... more travel advice
As I have already said, I was one of the people lucky enough to take a dinner in that mine, 1070 meters bellow the... more travel advice
adema29's Related Pages
Kongsberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kongsberg, silver mines and ski jumpers."
- "a famous Organ & more !"
- "Mr. Harket Home Town-"Train of thoughts""
- "Kongsberg-"King's Mountain""
- "BBBBRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!"
- "Mining Under the King's Mountain"
- "My cabin at Blefjell"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kongsberg
- Hotels in Kongsberg
- Transportation in Kongsberg
- Nightlife in Kongsberg
- Restaurants in Kongsberg
- Shopping in Kongsberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Kongsberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kongsberg
- 6 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Kongsberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kongsberg
Photos in KongsbergSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 73 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 112 photos
- Cimpina Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos