"Stavanger-Lovely city" Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger by adema29
Stavanger Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 996 photos
Stavanger is he fourth largest city in Norway with a population of 120000 people. The population is growing very fast due to the high standard of life here and the multitude of jobs well paid, waiting for immigrants. It seems that in the city ar living about 50000 expats, most of them working in Oil and Gas Industry.
You may find here a lot of museums and the oldest Cathedral in Norway. In fact the year when the Cathedral has been built (1125) become the year when Stavanger is considered founded.
The Climate in Stavanger is strange for all the other Europeans. In the summer the temperature may rich 30 degrees Celsius and in the coldest days (few only in February) the temperature could drop at -10.
The thermometer I have on my window here in shadow is showing 5-10 deg in the winter time and 10-20 deg during the spring/summer.
It seems that Stavanger has passed with the right foot in 2008...The city was chosen to be the "European Capital of Culture".
In these pages we are trying to offer as much information as possible about Stavanger...We hope the one traveling to Stavanger will find our tips useful!
The second time I have been there only for a day. I have met a very good old friend and we have spent a good part of the night in the old pubs around the port.
The bad quality of the photo is due to the well known influence given by the three glasses of red wine:)
Anyway, I came back in 2007 and I've been living here until the beginning of 2011. I have to recognize that I have enjoyed almost every moment in that place and I am sure that I have seen more places than the common-locals.
You'll find some tips about all those places in my page about Stavanger, please feel free to ask me if you want to know more.
Our son is complaining from time to time that he miss Stavanger and the swans on the lake...
- Pros:Fresh air, beautiful landscape, friendly people
- Cons:Very expensive, wonderful weather on May and June but bad all the rest of the year.
I've been trying few times to find my way to the Vedafjelet-without succes. After few years of planning I have got at... more travel advice
This is one of the few medieval monasteries in Norway. It is said that this is the best preserved one and I will... more travel advice
- See All Changing money in Stavanger
- See All Saturday's FREE bus to IKEA and KVADRAT
- See All Good spanish food in Norway :)
- Be ready for a trip around
- If you like sport without practicing :)
adema29's Related Pages
Stavanger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stavanger-Lovely city"
- "58.58N 5.44E"
- "Beautiful Stavanger"
- "Gard's Stavanger Page"
- "Hiking to Preikestolen"
- "STAVANGER - 4TH LARGEST CITY IN NORWAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stavanger
- Hotels in Stavanger
- Transportation in Stavanger
- Nightlife in Stavanger
- Restaurants in Stavanger
- Shopping in Stavanger
- Warnings and Dangers in Stavanger
- See All...
Explore the World
- Central Province Hotels
- Denver Hotels
- Pulau Batam
- Province of Quebec
- Williamsburg Village
- Port Dickson
- Hat Yai
- Bhutan Hotels
- Mactaquac Provincial Park Hotels
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Fiji Hotels
- Wisconsin Dells
- Isla Catalina Hotels
- Peschiera del Garda
Badges & Stats in Stavanger
- 73 Reviews
- 348 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Stavanger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stavanger
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 73 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cimpina Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
Latest Stavanger hotel reviews
- Skagen Brygge Hotell
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Radisson SAS Atlantic Hotel
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Mosvangen Camping
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Clarion Hotel Stavanger
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Grand Stavanger
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Skansen Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Victoria Hotel Stavanger
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Quality Hotel Stavanger Airport
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Rica Forum Hotel Stavanger
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013