"Quiet place with friendly people...too friendly :)" Marsa Matruh by adema29
Marsa Matruh Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 5 photos
I've been working for almost four years in this area, unfortunately too far from Marsa Matruh.
Anyway I had many times the opportunity to join the locals in the city's market, trying to get a good price in the specific Egyptian way.
I remember that the strongest argument was that I am Romanian not American, which was always doing a good impression :)
Actually I have bought in that way, at a very special price, a galabia for my wife. The price was amazing even for my Egyptians colleagues.
Usually I don't like to spend much time making prices but in that place it was the only way.
They were so happy to meet Europeans that I couldn't resist temptation. We have talked a lot and to do this in the bazaar in Matruh is a real extreme adventure. :)
This is how I felt it so many years ago.
I will probably be more comfortable now after such a long time together with them.
Of course I have to mention the beach in Matruh which is beautiful and clean and not so crowded as in Europe.
Another thing to do in Matruh is to join them at the coffee shop and eventually try their pumpkin seeds :=)) They cook the seeds in special ovens, mixed with sea water.
I have spent a lot of money and gained a lot of weight due to this...
I consider this one as being the best beach I have seen. The colour of the sea is unique. Sorry for the bad quality of mu pphotos.. it was before the digital cameras :(
- Pros:Un-touched resort with a lot of opportunities
- Cons:A bit to "exotic" some times...
adema29's Related Pages
Marsa Matruh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsa Matruh"
- "Quiet place with friendly people...too friendly :)"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte Hotels
- Isla de Formentera
- French Polynesia
- Alpine Junction Hotels
- Mooroolbark Hotels
- Vancouver Island Hotels
- Al Mintaqah ash Sharqiyah
- Palmerston North
- Mullumbimby Hotels
- Murano Hotels
Badges & Stats in Marsa Matruh
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Marsa Matruh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsa Matruh
- Posted in Travel Antalya Forum "Re: Recent Bombings"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Quiet place with friendly people...too friendly :)"
- updated a Marsa Matruh Travel Page "Quiet place with friendly people...too friendly :)"
Photos in Marsa MatruhSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 73 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cimpina Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos