"MONTEFIASCONE" Montefiascone by amomontefiascone

Montefiascone Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 14 photos

I love Montefiascone!

I left the UK 7 years ago to live here in Monefiascone and I have never been happier! It's a lovely old town with a lot of history and with the best view of the very beautiful Lake Bolsena. The local people are warm and friendly and even though I am still struggling to speak good Italian they are very patient with me.

Lake Bolsena

Montefiascone overlooks Lake Bolsena, the largest volcanic lake in Europe. Other villages around the lake include Bolsena, the town that gave the lake its name. Marta, a quaint and very active fishing village and Capodimonte, a picturesque village very popular with sailing boats. Within the lake are the small islands of Bisentina and Martana, which unfortunately can no longer be visited.

• Intro Updated Aug 25, 2012

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM

A different take on the town. Thanks for sharing, I think I'm heading there again in early November

• painterdave's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 8:30 AM

4.50 Euros for a bus ticket from Roma to Montefiascone. That is a bargain! This was a good tip.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Lucky old you.......... good luck with your new life in Italy, best wishes from the UK

amomontefiascone Lives Here!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Montefiascone

Have you been to Montefiascone?

Latest Activity in Montefiascone