"Tihany" Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany by Cromatida
Tihany Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 170 photos
Tihany is a village on the northern shore of Lake Balaton on the Tihany Peninsula (Hungary). The whole peninsula is a historical district.
The center of the district is the Benedictine Abbey, which was founded in 1055 by András (Andrew) I, who is buried in the crypt. (The founding charter of this abbey is the first extant record of Hungarian language, preserved in Pannonhalma Benedictine Archabbey.) The church itself was rebuilt in baroque style in 1754. The still functioning abbey is a popular tourist attraction due to the historical and artistic significance. It also has the best view of Lake Balaton.
Inside the peninsula you can find 2 lakes (one of them is almost dried out). You can take a trip and visit the peninsula... more travel advice
Cromatida's Related Pages
Tihany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tihany-950 years old Abbey, Balaton & great views"
- "Micro-peninsula in the micro-sea"
- "Tihany -- A peninsula on Lake Balaton"
- "The nicest view of the Balaton"
- "Charming Town in Lake Balaton Area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tihany
- Hotels in Tihany
- Transportation in Tihany
- Restaurants in Tihany
- Shopping in Tihany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tihany
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tihany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tihany
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Judetul Harghita Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Budapest Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Deva 1 review, 5 photos
No friends yet.