"at last..." Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt by iaint

Ingolstadt Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 452 photos

...the build up

The town where I live is twinned with Ingolstadt. My Rotary club is twinned with the Ingolstadt club. I hear about Ingolstadt all the time, for one reason or another.

Then in summer/autumn '09 I rented the spare room to a student from Ingolstadt - she was doing a 2 month work placement and needed short term accommodation in a bit of a rush.

Next, when the Ingolstadt Rotary folks paid their 4 yearly official visit in May '10, I accommodated one of them (and his wife). They invited me to their annual garden party. By then, my curiosity had reached fever pitch, so off I went!

and?

Well, it was a whistle stop tour! Arrived late on Friday night and left after lunch on Saturday...with a party in the middle!

I did have a great guided tour of the city (courtesy of Anna & Markus - thanks guys) and it did enough to make me want to see more. Tips to follow...

Rosi & Till (as well as all their friends) made me feel incredibly welcome, and a few touches made the experience pretty much unique! Tips to follow...

verdict?

Very favourable!

I'd been to that part of the country before - Lauingen, a bit up river - so I knew it was likely to be nice. However, being the home of Audi I did think it might turn out to be a slightly picturesque version of Luton. In fact it is lovely, and so is the surrounding country, with plenty other places (like Regensburg) for side trips.

Since that first trip I have been back many times. Too many to count!

• Pros:people, history, food, beer, ice hockey...
  • Cons:summer heat!
  • In a nutshell:charming
  • Last visit to Ingolstadt: Dec 2013
  • Intro Updated Dec 3, 2013

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Hello, Iain! Thanks for your interesting and detailed page about that splendid place! ><><><

iaint Visits Here Frequently!

iaint

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ”

Badges & Stats in Ingolstadt

Have you been to Ingolstadt?

Latest Activity in Ingolstadt