"at last..." Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt by iaint
Ingolstadt Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 485 photos
The town where I live is twinned with Ingolstadt. My Rotary club is twinned with the Ingolstadt club. I hear about Ingolstadt all the time, for one reason or another.
Then in summer/autumn '09 I rented the spare room to a student from Ingolstadt - she was doing a 2 month work placement and needed short term accommodation in a bit of a rush.
Next, when the Ingolstadt Rotary folks paid their 4 yearly official visit in May '10, I accommodated one of them (and his wife). They invited me to their annual garden party. By then, my curiosity had reached fever pitch, so off I went!
Well, it was a whistle stop tour! Arrived late on Friday night and left after lunch on Saturday...with a party in the middle!
I did have a great guided tour of the city (courtesy of Anna & Markus - thanks guys) and it did enough to make me want to see more. Tips to follow...
Rosi & Till (as well as all their friends) made me feel incredibly welcome, and a few touches made the experience pretty much unique! Tips to follow...
I'd been to that part of the country before - Lauingen, a bit up river - so I knew it was likely to be nice. However, being the home of Audi I did think it might turn out to be a slightly picturesque version of Luton. In fact it is lovely, and so is the surrounding country, with plenty other places (like Regensburg) for side trips.
Since that first trip I have been back many times. Too many to count!
- Pros:people, history, food, beer, ice hockey...
- Cons:summer heat!
- In a nutshell:charming
The Westpark shopping centre is one of the city’s main shopping areas. It has its own pub/brewery. The beer is great.... more travel advice
A very German day out at the local spa. I know Brits do it to some extent, but it's a really big thing in Germany. I... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Ingolstadt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "at last..."
- "Visiting Ingolstadt"
- "Great city with streets to Enjoy"
- "Ingolstadt - My hometown"
- "Ingolstadt, near Munich..."
- "Schöne Ingolstadt"
- "Place for Historians, Doctors, Car and Beer Lovers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ingolstadt
- Hotels in Ingolstadt
- Transportation in Ingolstadt
- Nightlife in Ingolstadt
- Restaurants in Ingolstadt
- Shopping in Ingolstadt
- Warnings and Dangers in Ingolstadt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ingolstadt
- 47 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Ingolstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ingolstadt
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 93 reviews, 102 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 47 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos