"tourism big time" Orlando by iaint
Orlando Travel Guide: 3,109 reviews and 5,931 photos
Took my 7 year old son to Florida for the Disney etc experience.
We'd been to Eurodisney the year before, so we were pretty sophisticated consumers...
I suppose it has to be seen to believed. A single purpose town.
In some ways its impressive. In others its depressing.
We did the usual stuff. Several Disney sites plus Seaworld. I think we had only a week in total, so we tried to alternate busy (tough) days with easier ones involving pool.
Stayed at one of the Disney hotels. Travelled out with Sabena and the US Airways. Back with Swissair.
I'm glad we went, but I'm in no rush to go back. At my age, not surprising. More interesting is that Junior would not rush back either. I think he was too sophisticated, even at that age!
- Pros:weather, food, USA
- Cons:tourism run riot!
- In a nutshell:everyone should try it once
with all the shuttles available (free or otherwise) maybe a car is not essential, but it certainly gives you that extra... more travel advice
i'm not keen on seeing captive animals, but the orca is spectacular lots of other stuff to keep the kids happy all day more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Orlando Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
- "orlando florida"
- "take it from a local..."
- ""When You Wish Upon a Star.....""
- "Orlando, Florida"
- "Disney and Universal Studios"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orlando
- Hotels in Orlando
- Transportation in Orlando
- Nightlife in Orlando
- Restaurants in Orlando
- Shopping in Orlando
- Warnings and Dangers in Orlando
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orlando
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Orlando?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orlando
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 95 reviews, 80 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 44 reviews, 64 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Toulouse Intro, 20 reviews, 45 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos