Belgrade Shopping Tips by iaint
Belgrade Shopping: 89 reviews and 90 photos
free entertainment guide thrown in
The main shopping street seems to be Kneza Mihaila, starting close to Trg Republike and stretching all the way to the edge of Kalemegdan.
It’s pedestrianised all the way, and has lots of coffee shops with outdoor terraces for the good weather.
At the Square end it is mostly fashion shops. You’ll find more variety as you move north - many bookshops, oddly enough.
Interesting aside regarding the photo... You'll see a poster advertising an Amy Winehouse concert. She was booed off stage for being too drunk (or whatever) to perform.
What to buy: Clothes, shoes, books... whatever.
What to pay: Depends what you buy. Less than in the EU, that's for sure.
Address: Kneza Mihaila, Belgrade
Directions: See above!
see what I mean?
As you enter the Kalemegdan fortress from Kneza Mihaila, you’ll find a pathway lined with souvenir stalls and kiosks selling ice cream/drinks. It looks like an ideal place to pick up some local stuff, if shopping is your thing.
I’m not a souvenir hunter, so I can’t help with prices. However, I did buy a small bottle of water for 50 dinar. A small Serb girl was buying exactly the same thing right after me, and when the vendor asked her for 50 dinar she looked at me and (I’m guessing) gave him a torrent of abuse for trying to charge her the tourist price!
So, be warned. Of course most stuff is so cheap it hardly matters.
What to buy: Souvenirs, ice cream, water...
What to pay: Varies! Depends what you buy...
Address: Kalemegdan, Belgrade
Directions: see above...
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (20)
iaint's Related Pages
Belgrade Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belgrade, sweet Belgrade"
- "WHITE TOWN"
- "B E L G R A D E"
- "My home town"
- " The White City"
- "Welcome to Beograd-Capital of Serbia & Montenegro!"
- "48 Hours in the White City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgrade
- Hotels in Belgrade
- Transportation in Belgrade
- Nightlife in Belgrade
- Restaurants in Belgrade
- Shopping in Belgrade
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgrade
- See All...
Explore the World
- British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Mooloolaba Hotels
- Audelia Hotels
- San José Hotels
Badges & Stats in Belgrade
- 22 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Belgrade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgrade
Photos in BelgradeSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 89 reviews, 57 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 55 reviews, 91 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 39 reviews, 46 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Munich Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (3)
Latest Belgrade hotel reviews
- Best Western Hotel M Belgrade
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Life Design Hotel
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Continental Hotel Beograd
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 10, 2012
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 17, 2013
- Queen's Apartments
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 25, 2012
- Hotel Moskva
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hyatt Regency Belgrade
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Slavija B
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Metropol Palace
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Aleksandar Palas Hotel Belgrade
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- 6th Floor Hostel Belgrade
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 24, 2011
- Hotel Balkan
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Excelsior
- 281 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Kalemegdan- 177 Reviews, 291 Photos
- Knez Mihajlova street & Trg Republike- 88 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Danube & Sava river- 32 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Stari Grad- 63 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Zemun- 18 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Slavija & Vracar- 44 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Dorcol- 29 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Skadarlija- 18 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Terazije- 18 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Dedinje- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
See All Belgrade Things to Do