"cute..." Neuburg an der Donau by iaint
Neuburg an der Donau Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 71 photos
My guidebook describes it as one of Bavaria's loveliest towns. OK, facts not opinions!
It has a population of about 25k, so it's not big.
The castle (or is it a palace) dates back to 1500 something.
The old town area is quiet and peaceful. The castle/palace looks wonderful at night - floodlight and visible from miles away.
... visit 2 was about 6 months later, in deepest December. It's still cute in mid-winter in the dark.
We were there for the Christmas market - watch out for the tip on that.
Visits 3, 4 & 5 were less noteworthy - but generated a couple of tips anyway.
Latest trip was by cycle - 48km round trip. More tips...
It is always a wonderful approach driving in from the east - the Schloss as you cross the Danube.
... I visited Neuburg a-d Donau for the first time in the summer of 2011. A gentle stroll around the old town followed by coffee and cake in a pavement restaurant.
- Pros:small, cute
- Cons:none (so far)
- In a nutshell:Stop by if you're in the area.
The town has an Englischer Garten, just like Munich. Well, not really like Munich. Anyway, it dates from 1803 The one... more travel advice
I didn’t have time to do a tour of the building on my last visit to the town - too tired from cycling 24 km before lunch... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Neuburg an der Donau Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Neuburg an der Donau
- 11 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Neuburg an der Donau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neuburg an der Donau
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 94 reviews, 106 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 47 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos