"lovely place" Mdina by iaint
Mdina Travel Guide: 280 reviews and 842 photos
Mdina is about 20 minutes by public bus from Valletta. It was the capital a few centuries back.
Nowadays it is a well preserved medieval walled city (well, town) adjacent to the town of Rabat.
It is well worth half a day at least to wander the quiet, narrow streets.
- Pros:quiet, well preserved
- In a nutshell:go see!
Mdina is a hilltop fortified town, built within walls which completely surround it. The main gate dates back to 1724.... more travel advice
This is the narrow, medieval, main street running from the main gate through the centre of Mdina. Off it or on it you... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Mdina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Malta's former capital"
- "Mdina the Citta’ Notabile"
- "The Silent City"
- "Mdina - The silent city of Malta"
- "MDINA - Citta Notabile"
- "Mdina, Old Capital of Malta"
- "The not so Silent City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mdina
- Hotels in Mdina
- Transportation in Mdina
- Nightlife in Mdina
- Restaurants in Mdina
- Shopping in Mdina
- Warnings and Dangers in Mdina
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mdina
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Mdina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mdina
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 89 reviews, 57 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 55 reviews, 91 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 39 reviews, 46 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Munich Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (3)
Latest Mdina hotel reviews
- The Xara Palace
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013