"nice back then..." Tallinn by iaint
Tallinn Travel Guide: 1,782 reviews and 4,804 photos
Must have been June 1994. I'd been at a conference in Copenhagen, and SAS had a mega cheap deal for "add ons" to Baltic States. I went to look up two Estonian former colleagues.
Had a 24 hour trip, with about 3 hours sleep and lots of alcohol. Aivar was determined to hit every pub in town, and Margus was happy to drive us!
Had an afternoon session, a sleep and then an evening out. That was the best bit - June and white nights. No darkness at all even at midnight.
Staggered back to the airport next morning, and twitched all the way home!
December 98. Shortisted for an EU project in Estonia, and as I was in Vilnius that week, was asked to go and spend a day lobbying in Tallinn.
7 meetings in one day. One ministry after another... City centre is traffic free. Great, but you have to walk everywhere and for 7 meetings, thats a lot.
I ruined my shoes (December weather). Almost no daylight in December (see above!)
- Cons:December weather; swamped by booze cruise Finns @ weekend
- In a nutshell:well worth a visit
iaint's Related Pages
Tallinn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shades of Grey"
- "Tallinn - A Great Mixture of the Old and the New"
- "Tallinn - medieval spirit city"
- "In the bleak midwinter ..."
- "Towers and tiles and spires and cobbles."
- "Tallinn - Nordic beauty with soviet past"
- "Fairytale city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tallinn
- Hotels in Tallinn
- Transportation in Tallinn
- Nightlife in Tallinn
- Restaurants in Tallinn
- Shopping in Tallinn
- Warnings and Dangers in Tallinn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tallinn
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Tallinn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tallinn
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 95 reviews, 80 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 51 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 43 reviews, 61 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos