"at last..." Prague by iaint
Prague Travel Guide: 11,916 reviews and 25,075 photos
I had many business trips to Bratislava in 90s, and always wanted to take a side trip to Prague.
However, always wanted to get home at the end of the week, and never got round to the Prague visit.
I spent 10 days on holiday in Czech Republic (South Moravia) in 2005, flying in & out of Prague, but never got into the city.
Finally I got there in October 06
Last minute booking, and got a good apartment near castle Monday to Friday.
Not enough time to do the city justice, but loved walking round Mala Strana, Petrin Park, Stare Mesto & castle.
Public transport excellent - used metro and tram.
Restaurants very good too - tried several Czech specialities.
Weather great for October. Too many touroids, but must have been better than in summer.
In no special order -
-going to see Slavia Praha v Ceske Budejovice at Sazka Arena (ice hockey)
-classical music concert at St George's Basilica
-hawks & owls on display in Royal Garden
-roast duck, dumplings & sauerkraut in restaurant inside castle
-goulash, dumplings etc in art nouveau cafe @ City Hall
I was back in the city for a 3 night visit in May 15
- Pros:architecture, weather, so much to do
- Cons:very touristy
- In a nutshell:well worth the visit - exceeded expectations
The Church of Saint Nicholas is a baroque church in Malá Strana. It was built between 1704-1755 on the site of a... more travel advice
This was our first stop in the city after checking into the hotel - a recommendation from the Baedeker guidebook, and... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "prague czech republic"
- "PRAHA - PRAGUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 24 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 94 reviews, 107 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 47 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos