"Cute!" Rothenburg ob der Tauber by iaint
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Guide: 595 reviews and 1,876 photos
Wow! Lovely town. I had a great day there in September 11.
It is in northwest Bavaria, say 2+ hours drive from Munich. Hard to be more precise - Via Michelin quotes 2 hours 22mins, but who knows if that allows for driving at 160-200 kph (as they do in Bavaria).
We were traveling from Gaimersheim via Treuchtlingen - not your average route, so of no interest to anyone.
We took in the city museum, but apart from that mostly we just wandered about taking in the sleepy, small town atmosphere and appreciating the architecture.
I liked the look of some of the hotels, so maybe next time...
The Marktplatz was quite busy, but apart from that the touroid hordes were not too bad.
It?s a small place - 12,000 people - and so well preserved. It feels like the Middle Ages. Some of the houses are just wonderful. Tauber is the name of the river which flows through the town.
And don?t forget to try the speciality - schneeballen.
- Pros:the atmosphere
- Cons:other touroids
- In a nutshell:worth a visit
The ?city? museum. We enjoyed our hour looking around. It is noted in particular for its collection of armour, weapons... more travel advice
A major feature of the town is that the medieval centre is surrounded by the original wall. In many places you can walk... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most romantic towns in Europe"
- "Up the Romantic Road to Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber.."
- ""Most German of German towns""
- "DIE ROMANTISCHE STRASSE"
- "TOURIST'S LOVE ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER!"
- "Not touched since 1600, re-virginized"
- "Romantic Rothenburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Hotels in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Transportation in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Nightlife in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Restaurants in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Shopping in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Warnings and Dangers in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Rothenburg ob der Tauber?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Zydeco legend is no more"
- updated a Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Page "Cute!"
- Commented on one of aussirose's Rothenburg ob der Tauber travel pages
- Wrote a Review Reichstadtmuseum about Imperial Town Museum - Reichsstadtmuseum in Rothenburg ob der Tauber Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Reichstadtmuseum"
Photos in Rothenburg ob der TauberSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 96 reviews, 119 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 56 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 47 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Riga Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos