Sarajevo Off The Beaten Path Tips by iaint
Sarajevo Off The Beaten Path: 84 reviews and 184 photos
looking east of the city
As soon as you arrive you can see that much of the suburban part of the city is on the surrounding hillsides.
One afternoon I decided to just go exploring the hillside behind my guest house. It was a long sweaty climb, and I was glad I'd brought a litre of cold water with me.
Well worth it. Some fabulous views of the city and the surrounding country, plus a little glimpse into the way of life of the Sarajevo suburbanites. A lot of them seem to spend Sunday afternoon building/extending their own homes. Many have wonderful fruit & veg patches and orchards.
Give it a try!
PS - I've no reason to believe any of the bits I passed through might contain land mines, but I stuck to the road anyway.
More Reviews (13)
iaint's Related Pages
Sarajevo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sarajevo - Lively heart of Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "Something special ...."
- "SARAJEVO MY LOVE"
- "dreams submerged. the capital."
- "Beautiful and Scarred"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sarajevo
- Hotels in Sarajevo
- Transportation in Sarajevo
- Nightlife in Sarajevo
- Restaurants in Sarajevo
- Shopping in Sarajevo
- Warnings and Dangers in Sarajevo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sarajevo
- 14 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Sarajevo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarajevo
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 96 reviews, 92 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 53 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 46 reviews, 71 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toulouse Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (3)
- Bascarsija- 29 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Assassination Site - Latin Bridge- 13 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Gazi Husrev Bey Mosque- 13 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Miljacka River- 11 Reviews, 26 Photos
- The Cathedral- 18 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Eternal Flame - Vjecna Vatra- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Tunnel Museum- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Sebilj Fountain- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Walking- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Ali Pasha Mosque- 7 Reviews, 23 Photos
See All Sarajevo Things to Do