"about time..." Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen by iaint
Aberdeen Travel Guide: 494 reviews and 917 photos
I used to visit regularly as a child, because my mum is Aberdonian born and bred. My grandparents lived there until they moved upstairs. I had an uncle & aunt and cousins who lived there most of their lives, and another uncle who was there for several years.
Visiting the grandparents was a regular Easter holiday trip. It was an experience we always enjoyed for its own sake, and there always seemed to be plenty to do in the city. They lived across the street from the university, which is the link (real and literal) to chapter 2 (see below).
I chose to go to Aberdeen University when high school had enough of me. Several reasons for that - wanted to get away from home, it had a course that appealed to me, and I got an acceptance! I think my familiarity with the city was also a factor.
I lived there for 7 years altogether, and whilst it had its ups and downs in many ways, I never stopped liking the city and people.
An occasional visitor, for work and for my son's ice hockey games. Always enjoy it. Get to see old friends etc.
- Pros:people, architecture, North Sea
- Cons:weather (colder than a penguin's chuff)
- In a nutshell:why did I leave?
We stumbled on this place after rejecting another potential lunch spot around the corner. A combination of 2nd hand book... more travel advice
Craigievar falls into the iconic category. So iconic that in 7 years living down the road in Aberdeen and countless... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Aberdeen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Granite City"
- "Aberdeen - The Granite City"
- "Aberdeen, A great base to see the Grampians"
- "about time..."
- "Highland Games, Stone Circles, Castles & Friends!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aberdeen
- Hotels in Aberdeen
- Transportation in Aberdeen
- Nightlife in Aberdeen
- Restaurants in Aberdeen
- Shopping in Aberdeen
- Warnings and Dangers in Aberdeen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aberdeen
- 25 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Aberdeen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aberdeen
Photos in AberdeenSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 96 reviews, 92 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 47 reviews, 72 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos