"Something new, different" Top 5 Page for this destination Aviemore by iaint
Aviemore Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 78 photos
First time I'd had a holiday in Scotland for decades (summer 02) and it only happened because my son spent most of his school holidays abroad with his mum. When it was my turn, didn't want to drag him back to the airport right away...
Stayed at a Hilton, and that was OK. It has a pool, so Junior was happy. Playstation in room, as well.
Lots to do around - see tips!
Great countryside, and the weather was fine.
Since this page was first written I've had a few trips to the Badenoch & Strathspey area, so the page is now more than just Aviemore itself. It covers the whole area.
- Pros:lots to do; scenery
- Cons:so much poor quality in Scottish tourism
- In a nutshell:would do it again...
Something to do? Well, if you’re attending a conference it is. The centre is part of the Macdonald Hotels complex. I... more travel advice
As a frequent visitor to Aviemore I’ve often seen the steam train as it enters or leaves the station, and wondered about... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Aviemore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairngorms National Park - Outdoor Sports"
- "A base to see things from"
- "Something new, different"
- "Wee Aviemore"
- "Popular with skiers and climbers"
- "Aviemore in January."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aviemore
- Hotels in Aviemore
- Transportation in Aviemore
- Restaurants in Aviemore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aviemore
- 19 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Aviemore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aviemore
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 96 reviews, 92 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 46 reviews, 71 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toulouse Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos