"on the road again" Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr by iaint
Ayr Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 258 photos
Another hockey road trip. Only 4 hours round trip.
Went to the beach before the game (had a huge pizza for lunch in Glasgow en route, and needed to walk it off). But it was freezing. And windy.
Walk lasted 5 minutes, then went into the town where it was not windy at all!
It was great. Club under 12 team had a thriller 4-4 draw.
Then u14 team had a thriller 3-3 draw!
My son's 3rd visit, and first time he's played well and/or not been on losing side!
Been to Ayr lots of times. For the beach in summer. To visit friends. Even once for pro hockey (Ayr Scottish Eagles v Bracknell Bees). Horse racing a couple of times.
Good town. In Burns country.
- Pros:the sea; the racecourse
- Cons:ice rink
- In a nutshell:we visit worse places!
Lovely little harbour village a few miles south of Ayr. Pub, harbour, beach, ruined castle, fishing...is that enough? more travel advice
Comfortable and welcoming, as you'd expect from a good B&B. Room was well furnished and maintained; breakfast was... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Ayr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AYR & AYRSHIRE"
- "Ayr, Scotland"
- "on the road again"
- "More than Robert Burns"
- "Exploring Ayrshire in Scotland"
- "Beach Life Scottish Style"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayr
- Hotels in Ayr
- Transportation in Ayr
- Nightlife in Ayr
- Restaurants in Ayr
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayr
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayr
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Ayr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayr
Photos in AyrSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 96 reviews, 92 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 53 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 46 reviews, 71 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toulouse Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos