"Bonnie Dundee?" Top 5 Page for this destination Dundee by iaint
Dundee Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 195 photos
Almost all have been because my son was playing ice hockey there, or I had to go on business.
His hockey trips have usually been unsuccessful, sometimes even not much fun.
Same could be said about my business there...
It used to be a bit run down, but its more up and coming now. It has plenty to keep a visitor busy for a couple of days.
It is a big student city, with 2 universities and a teaching hospital.
Its also just along the road from Carnoustie, venue for the 2007 Open Golf Championship. St Andrews is close by too.
The cliché is that Dundee was all about jute, jam & journalism.
The jute is long gone. The jam survives & thrives. Journalism - a time of rapid change everywhere.
It's also where the ATM began. Big NCR base, and Michelin too.
More to the point these days, are the universities, the hospital and the technology park. A lot of redevelopment work going on along the water.
- Pros:good access - road, rail, air
- Cons:local accent!
- In a nutshell:worth a short visit
This centre contains The RRS Discovery - the ship used by Scott when he tried to reach the South Pole, early last... more travel advice
Ice hockey venue. Other ice sports as well. Good modern facility. Easy access from Dundee ring road. The ice is good for... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Dundee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Dundee"
- "Bonnie Dundee?"
- "Dundee - Quick Tips for a Quick Visit"
- "Dundee by Marianna"
- "On Official Business"
- "Living In Historical DUNDEE"
- "Dundee - City of Discovery!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dundee
- Hotels in Dundee
- Transportation in Dundee
- Nightlife in Dundee
- Restaurants in Dundee
- Shopping in Dundee
- Warnings and Dangers in Dundee
- See All...
Explore the World
- Washington Crossing State Park Hotels
- Gusa Hotels
- Santiago de los Caballeros
- Monument Rocks National Natural Landmark Hotels
- Traverse City Hotels
- Kokomlemle Hotels
- State of Sabah
- Monkey River Town Hotels
- Bad Neustadt an der Saale
Badges & Stats in Dundee
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Dundee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dundee
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 89 reviews, 57 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 55 reviews, 91 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 39 reviews, 46 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Munich Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos