"to go...or not to go" John O'Groats by iaint
John O'Groats Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 60 photos
It is not a town - not even a village - maybe just a hamlet. A few crofts (Google it) at the (allegedly) northernmost point on mainland Britain.
A derelict hotel. A craft centre. A public toilet. A wee harbour. A couple of cafes.
I was there to catch a ferry to Orkney, a few miles away at Gills Bay. Otherwise...
Lots go there because it is the end/beginning of the Land's End trip.
No other reason...
- Pros:you can see Orkney
- Cons:you can see Orkney from nicer places
- In a nutshell:worth missing
iaint's Related Pages
John O'Groats Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "John O' Groats - No, Surrounding Coast - YES!"
- "THIS IS A TOURIST TRAP - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"
- "John O' Groats -the north of Scotland"
- "John O'Groats"
- "John O'Groats: Gate to the Orkneys-end of a route"
- "to go...or not to go"
- "The top of the UK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in John O'Groats
- Hotels in John O'Groats
- Transportation in John O'Groats
- Restaurants in John O'Groats
- See All...
Badges & Stats in John O'Groats
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to John O'Groats?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in John O'Groats
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 64 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 56 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 42 reviews, 58 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Munich Intro, 19 reviews, 48 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos