"The lang toun" Kirkcaldy by iaint
Kirkcaldy Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 107 photos
I've lived here for 10 years now, and it better than the locals say!
5 minutes to the sea shore, 5 minutes to the countryside, 30 minutes to little fishing villages and quiet beaches, 30 minutes to Edinburgh.
First, it's in Fife (Scotland) just north of Edinburgh. In fact you can see Edinburgh just across the waters of the Firth of Forth.
Second, it's a commercial town, not really a tourist orientated destination, although it is worth a visit.
It's the birth place and home town of the economist Adam Smith.
Coincidentally, it's the birthplace of current UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. He's also the town's representative in the UK Parliament.
You have Falkland Palace only 15 minutes away - a former royal palace. Small, so you only need half a day to get round. Definitely worth the trip.
St Andrews is only 45 minutes drive, to see the home of golf and an ancient university town. Love it.
Several of the tips are for places which are not in Kirkcaldy. It's more of a Fife page than a Kirkcaldy one, as I'm not wanting to start a homepage for each town or village with a restaurant I can recommend! Anyway, I live here so it's the centre of the universe!
- Pros:see intro
- Cons:people are dour
- In a nutshell:an acquired taste, rough diamond, hidden treasure?
One of the country's most significant royal sites, and I've only just visited it for the first time. Well worth it.... more travel advice
I had to drive over to Dunfermline last week to have new tyres fitted to the car. The lease company's designated... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Kirkcaldy Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kirkcaldy
- Hotels in Kirkcaldy
- Nightlife in Kirkcaldy
- Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
- Shopping in Kirkcaldy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kirkcaldy
- 53 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Kirkcaldy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kirkcaldy
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 96 reviews, 92 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 53 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 46 reviews, 71 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toulouse Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos