"The lang toun" Kirkcaldy by iaint
Kirkcaldy Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 94 photos
I've lived here for 10 years now, and it better than the locals say!
5 minutes to the sea shore, 5 minutes to the countryside, 30 minutes to little fishing villages and quiet beaches, 30 minutes to Edinburgh.
First, it's in Fife (Scotland) just north of Edinburgh. In fact you can see Edinburgh just across the waters of the Firth of Forth.
Second, it's a commercial town, not really a tourist orientated destination, although it is worth a visit.
It's the birth place and home town of the economist Adam Smith.
Coincidentally, it's the birthplace of current UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. He's also the town's representative in the UK Parliament.
You have Falkland Palace only 15 minutes away - a former royal palace. Small, so you only need half a day to get round. Definitely worth the trip.
St Andrews is only 45 minutes drive, to see the home of golf and an ancient university town. Love it.
Several of the tips are for places which are not in Kirkcaldy. It's more of a Fife page than a Kirkcaldy one, as I'm not wanting to start a homepage for each town or village with a restaurant I can recommend! Anyway, I live here so it's the centre of the universe!
- Pros:see intro
- Cons:people are dour
- In a nutshell:an acquired taste, rough diamond, hidden treasure?
This village is a few miles west of Kirkcaldy, just along the coast. I pass through it on the train every week (at... more travel advice
I was down at the golf club today - unusual, because I haven't played for a long, long time. Last time was at Royal Hua... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Kirkcaldy Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kirkcaldy
- Hotels in Kirkcaldy
- Nightlife in Kirkcaldy
- Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
- Shopping in Kirkcaldy
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kirkcaldy
- 55 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Kirkcaldy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kirkcaldy
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 89 reviews, 57 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 55 reviews, 91 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 39 reviews, 46 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Munich Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (3)
Latest Kirkcaldy hotel reviews
- Parkway Hotel Edinburgh
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013