"sentimental journey" North Berwick by iaint

North Berwick Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 91 photos

where it all started...

My first holiday!

Beside the sea in sunny Scotland (probably cold and grey, in reality). I think 1955, which would make me 2+.

I'm not sure if we would have been living in Edinburgh or Inverness at that time.

why I'm writing this!

I was back there this week (last week of August 2007) and it was only when I began to think about previous visits over the years that I remembered I had my first holiday there.

Accordingly, a VT page and a few tips are compulsory, and long overdue!

regular visitor

For many years I couldn't really claim to be a frequent visitor, but definitely regular.

My parents lived a few miles away since 1982, after 25 years in Edinburgh. Their village is nice, but small. Sometimes you need to go elsewhere, and you have to if you need a supermarket and other "townie" facilities (like a bank!). So, over the years I have often ended up in NB for a few hours.

For several months in I was in town every week as my father was in a nursing home there until he died in February 10.

Some mixed memories now...

• Pros:close to Edinburgh, dry climate, lots to do
  • Cons:can be cold if wind is in wrong direction!
  • In a nutshell:lots of memories
  • Last visit to North Berwick: Feb 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2010

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I used to enjoy our trips to N Berwick when i was a child, and would that be the Dunbar Rock in the background?

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2009 at 5:43 AM

Looks like a lovely place - hope life is treating you well! Gillybob greetings

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 2:20 PM

A trip down memory lane for me also. Visited here in 1986. Is the outdoor swimming pool still here?

iaint Visits Here Frequently!

iaint

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ”

Badges & Stats in North Berwick

Have you been to North Berwick?

Latest Activity in North Berwick