Stromness Transportation Tips by iaint
Stromness Transportation: 2 reviews and 3 photos
looking back to Caithness
I used this service, which runs from Gills Bay (in Caithness, near John O'Groats) to St Margaret's Hope (on South Ronaldsay). Takes an hour exactly. Cost £80 return for 1 person in an Audi A3.
It was on time on the way over - a calm sunny day, and perfect for the sail. The ship is modern & comfortable, but not big. On/off is quick and efficient
St Margaret's Hope is about 30 minutes drive fro Stromness.
One wee warning. Even the slightest tilt of the ship set off my car alarm, and you can't access the car deck during the voyage. Next time I'll try leaving it unlocked...
Phone: 01856 831 226
More Reviews (8)
iaint's Related Pages
Stromness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stromness - Orkney's Second Town But The Prettiest"
- "Stromness - mainland Orkneys"
- "Nice and quiet by the seaside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stromness
- Hotels in Stromness
- Transportation in Stromness
- Restaurants in Stromness
- Warnings and Dangers in Stromness
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stromness
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Stromness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stromness
Photos in StromnessSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 95 reviews, 81 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 51 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 44 reviews, 64 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos