"1st visit?" Turriff by iaint
Turriff Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 42 photos
I visited Turriff overnight in May 2008. I'm sure I've been to Oldmeldrum before, and its just to the south. I'm also sure I've been to Cullen and Fraserburgh, both just north of Turriff.
However, I don't think I've been to Turriff before. 55 years old and never visited Turiff.
Will it be 55 years before I go back?
Its an old fashioned market town, which exists to service the surrounding rural economy.
It has 2 claims to fame (so far as I'm aware).
First the annual agricultural show, now in its 144th year. Its one of the biggest in the country. Its a 2 day event, held at the beginning of August.
Second, the "Turra coo". This is a cow which provoked a riot in 1913 when the tax authorities tried to confiscate it in lieu of the farmer's unpaid tax!
Believe me, its not the kind of town you expect to find hosting riots!
- Pros:quiet, rural
- Cons:not much to interest the traveller!
- In a nutshell:well, I've been!
Small place and busy on a Saturday. We got in early, so we were OK. Friendly & efficient service. The were 11 of us,... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Turriff Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Turriff
- Hotels in Turriff
- Restaurants in Turriff
- Shopping in Turriff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turriff
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Turriff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turriff
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 95 reviews, 81 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 51 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 44 reviews, 64 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos