"Going back" Stockholm by iaint
Stockholm Travel Guide: 4,074 reviews and 9,470 photos
I visited several times in the 90s, because my ex had friends there.
We enjoyed those trips - liked the people and the city. It was expensive then, but still worth it.
We stayed with the friends once (Södra Jordbro), and in hotels the other times.
I remember seeing the Vasa Museum, and went down the water on a steamer to Vaxholm.
My son loves his ice hockey, and in 2004 the NHL players were on strike.
Most Swedes went back to play for Swedish clubs, so you could see mega stars almost locally.
We saw Djurgården play MODO in front of over 13,000 on a Tuesday night. It was exciting too - Djurgården won in extra time.
We also went to Södertälje (SW of city) to see them play Timrå.
In June '10 I was badly needing a brief escape from work, and grabbed a cheap flight with Norwegian.
Loved it. Relaxed and enjoyed myself. Just 48 hours but very welcome.
I'd go back any time.
- Pros:people, architecture, hockey
- Cons:October weather
- In a nutshell:Serene
One of the myriad boat trips on offer takes you around the maritime part of the city "under the bridges". I don't... more travel advice
This is the steamer which brought me back from Vaxholm in June '10. The 14.15 service. Even allowing for a late &... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Stockholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Stockholm"
- "My own water baby"
- "Stockholm in 5 days"
- "STOCKHOLM - THE CITY OF BRIDGES!"
- "Stockholm - beauty on water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Transportation in Stockholm
- Nightlife in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping in Stockholm
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockholm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockholm
- 20 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Stockholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockholm
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 96 reviews, 90 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 53 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 46 reviews, 71 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos
- Toulouse Intro, 20 reviews, 45 photos
- Dublin Intro, 31 reviews, 29 photos