"totally charming" Weißenburg in Bayern by iaint
Weißenburg in Bayern Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 31 photos
Weißenburg is in the Franken (Franconia) region of Bavaria.
It?s about an hour northwest of Ingolstadt. South of Nürnberg, and in the Altmühltal area.
The town itself is small and perfectly formed. It is also perfectly preserved, having completely escaped war damage.
I was there on Easter Sunday for an after lunch wander, to help the digestion deal with a delicious schweinebraten, with 2 kinds of dumpling (potato and bread) 2 kinds of sauerkraut (red and white) plus potato salad! Just a wee snack.
It was sunny, warm and sleepy-quiet. Ideal.
I had 2 top class tour guides, who both had gone to high school there. They know the little gasse, bakeries and ice cream shops like the backs of their hands. Also ideal.
The only slight downside was that lots of things (but not all) were closed for Easter.
From what I observed (all the plaques on important buildings in German only) and was told, it is not visited by foreign tourists and not much by German tourists. So, an undiscovered treasure.
- Pros:cute, sleepy, undiscovered
- In a nutshell:take a look!
A very traditional Franconian Gasthof (dating from 1870) which has just been renovated - in fact the paint was still... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Weißenburg in Bayern Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Weißenburg in Bayern
- Hotels in Weißenburg in Bayern
- Transportation in Weißenburg in Bayern
- Restaurants in Weißenburg in Bayern
- Shopping in Weißenburg in Bayern
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weißenburg in Bayern
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Weißenburg in Bayern?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weißenburg in Bayern
Photos in Weißenburg in BayernSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 95 reviews, 110 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 47 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Riga Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue