"a "first"..." Top 5 Page for this destination Bitez by iaint
Bitez Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 188 photos
Well, consensus was that a week in a resort which has windsurfing facilities was what we needed.
My son would be a beginner and my friend a "returnee" - she was an expert several years ago, but had not been able to keep it going.
Then it was a question of where...
The Izmir coast was a possibility, but family complications ruled it out (don't ask...). The Bodrum peninsula was next best. Bodrum was out of the question. Too big, noisy and touristy. A small village in the west or north was a possibility, but might have been a bit too quiet for the times when the windsurfing was not possible.
Bitez seemed to fit the specification. Small but close to Bodrum.
A big success.
It is a bit more commercial than I would have liked, but without the wall to wall development etc you get elsewhere. It was quiet at night, but then if you want "action" Bodrum is only 15 minutes away.
It is a family orientated place, plenty of good restaurants, and mostly small hotels. Not a bar or disco anywhere (that I could see or hear).
Most visitors seemed to be either British or Turkish. We seemed to be at the Turkish end, and that suited us fine!
If we had stayed another week we would still have found plenty to do, such as
- visiting places on the west and north of the peninsula
- hydrofoil to Kos and/or Marmaris
- a boat trip
See my sporting tips for details, but it was a worked really well.
My son loved it. My friend did too. It left me with peace and quiet to relax (reading for example) knowing they were happy too.
- Pros:quiet, friendly, breezy, close to Bodrum
- Cons:slightly too commercial for me!
- In a nutshell:would go back!
This village is next one along the coast from Bitez, heading west. We took a drive over one day. Looked nice, and we'd... more travel advice
Tried this place twice. First time we were very happy with our lunch. When we went back for dinner the service was not... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Bitez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BITEZ. INCLUDING TURGUTREIS"
- "Itty Bitty Bitez"
- "a "first"..."
- "Bitez Beach, Village & Local Area"
- "HOILDAY IN BITEZ"
- "bitez on the bodrum peninsula turkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bitez
- Hotels in Bitez
- Transportation in Bitez
- Nightlife in Bitez
- Restaurants in Bitez
- Shopping in Bitez
- Warnings and Dangers in Bitez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bitez
- 16 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Bitez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bitez
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 95 reviews, 79 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 51 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 43 reviews, 61 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos