"a "first"..." Top 5 Page for this destination Bitez by iaint

Bitez Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 208 photos

why Bitez?

Well, consensus was that a week in a resort which has windsurfing facilities was what we needed.

My son would be a beginner and my friend a "returnee" - she was an expert several years ago, but had not been able to keep it going.

Then it was a question of where...

The Izmir coast was a possibility, but family complications ruled it out (don't ask...). The Bodrum peninsula was next best. Bodrum was out of the question. Too big, noisy and touristy. A small village in the west or north was a possibility, but might have been a bit too quiet for the times when the windsurfing was not possible.

Bitez seemed to fit the specification. Small but close to Bodrum.

verdict

A big success.

It is a bit more commercial than I would have liked, but without the wall to wall development etc you get elsewhere. It was quiet at night, but then if you want "action" Bodrum is only 15 minutes away.

It is a family orientated place, plenty of good restaurants, and mostly small hotels. Not a bar or disco anywhere (that I could see or hear).

Most visitors seemed to be either British or Turkish. We seemed to be at the Turkish end, and that suited us fine!

If we had stayed another week we would still have found plenty to do, such as
- visiting places on the west and north of the peninsula
- hydrofoil to Kos and/or Marmaris
- a boat trip

windsurfing

See my sporting tips for details, but it was a worked really well.

My son loved it. My friend did too. It left me with peace and quiet to relax (reading for example) knowing they were happy too.

• Pros:quiet, friendly, breezy, close to Bodrum
  • Cons:slightly too commercial for me!
  • In a nutshell:would go back!
  • Last visit to Bitez: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 17, 2008

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Just booked a lat minute cheapie to Bitez and reading this page has made me really look forward to getting there. Great tips and photos. Thanks !

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Hi Iain, nice page here on Bitez. It's really nice place. I liked your tips. Bora

iaint

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ”

Badges & Stats in Bitez