"adalar" Kinaliada by iaint
Kinaliada Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 24 photos
Get a ferry from Sirkeci, close to Eminonu and the European side train station.
Buy a token for 2YTL each way. Ferry takes 45-60 minutes depending on stops (most stop at Kadikoy on Asian side).
Avoid weekends - ferries are overcrowded to danger point.
No hotels, no bank. A few restaurants. Virtually no cars - say 6 in total (police car, ambulance, fire engine etc...).
Pebble beaches plus cliffs. Very steep hills.
A few beach clubs - 1 private and very expensive.
Sea breezes when Istanbul is sweltering.
You can jog round the island in 35 minutes, so its not big!
At least during the week, in summer, its not too busy.
- Pros:no traffic; no tourists; sea breezes
- Cons:day trippers at weekend
- In a nutshell:great relaxation!
Full size outdoor saltwater pool, saunas, pier for sea swimming/diving; bars, restaurants, night club... Memberships... more travel advice
I need to investigate this. The island has a Greek orthodox church (see photo) and a monastery on the top of the island.... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Kinaliada Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kinaliada
- Transportation in Kinaliada
- Restaurants in Kinaliada
- Warnings and Dangers in Kinaliada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kinaliada
- 16 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kinaliada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kinaliada
Photos in KinaliadaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 93 reviews, 103 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 47 reviews, 75 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos