"A one horse (buffalo) town?" Buriram by iaint
Buriram Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 40 photos
About 5 hours by road north east of Bangkok, just north of Cambodian border. On the train route to Ubon Ratchathani.
You can get the bus (day or night), train (also daytime or overnight) or drive.
For me, I had to. Its my ex wife's home town. For anyone else, it gives a good picture of Isaan life, and you can visit the Khmer ruins at Khao Phnom Rung - part of the Angkor chain of temples
People, weather, food. Food is spicy - watch out. Weather is hot, hot and dry or hot and wet. People are a bit crazy, but aren't we all in our own way?
- Pros:remote, hot
- Cons:remote, hot
- In a nutshell:Old style Isaan - not Thailand, not pure Lao, not pure Khmer
One a year they have a pageant with floats carrying waxwork sculptures - pretty spectacular! Its in July. They have to... more travel advice
Elephants will not be found round every corner, but it can happen, so watch out... Let them have right of way if you're... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Buriram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A one horse (buffalo) town?"
- "PRASAT HIN PHANOM RUNG"
- "Phanom Rung Historical Park"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Buriram
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Buriram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buriram
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 64 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 56 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 42 reviews, 58 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Munich Intro, 19 reviews, 48 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos