"Charm & character" Sceaux by iaint
Sceaux Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos
To south of Paris, not far from Orly. Only 20 minutes from city centre on RER.
It is like a very small provincial town, which has been swallowed up by the growing city, and has become a very chic suburb.
The complete opposite to the banlieux.
For the visitor the main attraction would be the Parc & Chateau. Well worth a trip out from the city. Busy on summer weekends but still lots of space.
For us, its that we have good friends there and visit as often as we can. Spent Christmas 05 there, and loved it.
Running in the park (mixture of woodlands and sculpted gardens).
Going for bread & croissants in the morning (scrummee).
The changing seasons.
Paris on the doorstep, 2o minutes away.
- Cons:Nothing (well, maybe the 1 hour RER trip from CDG)
- In a nutshell:Cool
After many car-free (and carefree) trips to Sceaux, in October 08 I found myself needing to rent a car. Very limited... more travel advice
Have stayed several times. Rooms not luxurious but clean, comfortable, quiet, reliable. Good breakfast available, but I... more travel advice
iaint's Related Pages
Sceaux Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sceaux
- Hotels in Sceaux
- Transportation in Sceaux
- Restaurants in Sceaux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sceaux
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Sceaux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sceaux
Photos in SceauxSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Edinburgh Intro, 89 reviews, 57 photos
- Kirkcaldy Intro, 55 reviews, 91 photos
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt Intro, 39 reviews, 46 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Trier Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Munich Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos