Guam Things to Do Tips by pangelipc

Guam Things to Do: 132 reviews and 403 photos

Learn to Dive or Go Diving

I don't dive, but many friends, family and visitors come here to learn and get certified. It is inexpensive, and our waters are relatively warm.

Two friends got Nitrox certified to go deep sea diving and after that it seemed like they were always diving.

I've been told that what we have in Micronesia is different than other places, since we have quite a bit of wrecks from the wars.

Address: MDA (Micronesian Divers Association)

Directions: 3 locations (Piti, Navy & Sumay)

Other Contact: marketing@mdaguam.com

Phone: 671-472-6321

Website: http://www.mdaguam.com

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Written Jun 26, 2007
fun at the beach - Guam

fun at the beach

Go to the Beach

Swimming or hanging out at the beach is everyone's favorite pasttime. From the young to the old enjoying the breeze or cool waters is loads of fun. You can also just hang out in the sand building sandcastles, digging up treasure, etc.

When I was a little girl, I remember going to the beach with the extended family and just having a blast. I hope to keep that memory alive in my children too.

Beaches in Tumon Bay also sell & rent items for beach activities -- paddling, kayaks, snorkeling, etc.

East Agana Bay has jet skiing & parasailing.

Address: Any beach that is open to the public

Directions: I say open because some times some beaches may be closed for safety reasons -- jelly fish, bacteria, etc.

• Written Jun 25, 2007
Hasuho Golf Course - Guam

Hasuho Golf Course

Go Golfing

We have many golf courses -- many are 18 holes or more. A & B paths etc. I'm not a golfer, but I used to volunteer at many golf fundraisers that are held here. I overhear them say they were tops since they were designed by Arnold Palmer (etc). Many also have ocean views or holes that use natural terrain.

Address: Mangilao Golf Course, Mannegon, Talofofo ....

Directions: Many hotels can arrange for you to go golfing and a van can pick up. If you have a rent-a-car you can even drive yourself.

• Written Jun 25, 2007
Adelup Beach with the family - Guam

Adelup Beach with the family

Going around the Island

You won't believe this --- but you can drive around the island in about 1 hour. But most parts you won't be able to drive through unless you have a military sticker (since you have to get on base).

We go every time someone comes to visit, since it gives us something to do and to see how the island has changed.

Address: Start on Marine Corps Drive

Directions: I usually start from the North & work my way down South, then through the East or is it West. I can't recall because we usually talk about landmarks using buildings or Villages.

• Written Jun 24, 2007

pangelipc Lives Here!

pangelipc

“"I Love to Travel .. but now do so with kids"”

Ranked Member