"Home Sweet Home & "Where America's Day Begins"" Guam by pangelipc
Guam Travel Guide: 633 reviews and 2,132 photos
If you want to visit, we have many great hotels. I've stayed at a few of them since we love to pretend we are on vacation. We have major brands like the Hilton, Hyatt, Westin, Sheraton, Days Inn and others Pacific Islands Club, Okura, Fiesta, Reef, Japan Plaza, Holiday, etc. Guam gets over 1 million tourists each year. As you can tell tourism is our main industry.
This is the place to stay, most of the hotels are located here.
Due to a US Compact with neighboring islands, we have been influenced by the many cultures.
Guam's land, people, government, and businesses have a rich history. The first voyagers who reached here, settled & called Guam home. The Spanish and Japanese were among those who came.
I recommend reading "Destiny's Landfall: A History of Guam" by R.F. Rogers if you want to learn more.
- Pros:Your taste of America in the Pacific
- Cons:Typhoons, too many cars, costs
- In a nutshell:Where America's Day Begins
Good food, reasonably priced & something for everyone. They have sushi, noodles, fried chicken, and kid meals.... more travel advice
Everyone knows about McDonald's. My kids love it -- especially the french fries. The tamuning location has an indoor... more travel advice
- See All Learn to Dive or Go Diving
- Inarajan Pools
- Get Invited to A Native's Home
pangelipc's Related Pages
Guam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Travel2write's Guam"
- "$$$ SHOPPING AROUND GUAM IN 8 HOURS $$$"
- "The Tiny Island Of Guam"
- "AyurinHiro's new Guam Page"
- "I survived the Guam shopathon"
- "Hafa Adai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guam
- Hotels in Guam
- Transportation in Guam
- Nightlife in Guam
- Restaurants in Guam
- Shopping in Guam
- Warnings and Dangers in Guam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guam
- 18 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Guam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guam
- Guam Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos
- Palau Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Philippines Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.