"My heart sings when im in Umbria" kevinandjan's Profile

A background.

I am very honoured to have any body take the time to read my ramblings,i hope any readers find somthing of interest and above all i hope some may find somthing useful to add to their travel experiance.
I first discovered Italy in my early 20's on a cycling trip,my partner and i were in the process of emigrating from the UK to Australia.Before leaving Europe we wanted to see as much as we could as we had no idea when we were likely to return.We had a pretty tight buget as we needed as much cash as possible to start our new life in Australia.After much research and tossing around of ideas(The VT web site had not started back then,in fact nor had home computers they were somthing of a science fiction)Anyway we were already experianced cycle tourists so we decided to cycle around europe.The trip is probably worthy of a chapter on its own and maybe i will one day.So anyway on the way from Holland to greece we traveled down the length of Italy to catch a ferry from Brindisi,passing through Umbria,i loved the old villages the forests and the people but back then i had no idea that the area would become any more important to me than any of the other memorable highlights of the trip.
20 odd years later finds me living in Brisbane, Australia with my 2nd wife Jan and 2 girls Bryn 7 and Aislin 5 yes we started a bit late but it is all good.Now my family are mostly still back in UK and my wife Jan has family everywhere,she is half dutch half italian and all australian,our familys are all over the world so in order for our girls to realise what a large and muticultural family they are part of we had to travel and thats what we did.

Our first family trip

• Intro Updated Nov 18, 2006

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kevinandjan's Profile Photo

kevinandjan

“you will never no if you never go”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.