"KORTRIJK VT MEETING 9th MAY 2009" Top 5 Page for this destination Kortrijk by breughel

Kortrijk Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 692 photos

The richest people of Belgium

What I like with the West Flanders VT meetings is that they take me to places where I have never been. OK, I knew all industrial areas around Kortrijk but nothing from the historical centre.

Thank you Filip, Jean-Pierre and Patje (with his wonderful West Flemish accent) for the perfect organization (as usual) of this meeting.

We Belgians know that the people of Kortrijk and West Flanders are among the richest in Belgium. I therefore wondered if this car (a Packard) parked in front of the Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk belongs to Filip, Jean-Pierre or Patje?

Feeling a bit lazy, my reviews on Kortrijk will be of the extra light type.

• Last visit to Kortrijk: May 2009
  • Intro Updated May 10, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM

The Kortrijk museum sounds interesting. You have done a fine job of describing the town and its sties. Maybe you should have taken that Packard home with you.

• Elisabcn's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2010 at 6:55 AM

I had read somewhere some time ago about beguinages . . . nice to find more info here :-) What about beers? Can u suggest me a city for a BELGIAN BEERS TASTING WINTER WE? Merci

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I think perhaps if I ever make a return visit to Flanders Kortrijk will be on the itinerary. I could easily spend a couple of days exploring here..Thank you for the "Virtual Tour"

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2009 at 5:41 AM

Wonderful stories on your pages< Eddi! Thanks a lot! See you in Belgium (some day)... LONG LIVE THE KING ! ><><><

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Nice place for a VT Meet = I would be interested in the history of Flanders & the Golden Spurs which I have heard of a little but you have enlightened me further!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2009 at 4:16 AM

Too bad the Groeninge monument did not live up to your childhood imagination of the historical novel. The Kortrijk 1302 museum sounds very informative, however. I love the word Schouwburg for Theater.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Al ijverig bezig geweest, zie ik. Het was leuk om je te leren kennen.

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Quelle rapidité sur l'événement ! Et je dois dire que le brun d'humour te vas au moins aussi bien que l'œil du connaisseur culturel averti qu'on retrouve habituellement au sein de tes pages. Compliments et sans rancunes, Jean-Pierre

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 5:14 AM

nice pictures

• jo104's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 3:47 PM

nice to meet you this past weekend :-)

breughel

“Heureux qui, comme Ulysse, a fait un beau voyage”

Badges & Stats in Kortrijk

Have you been to Kortrijk?