Venice Hotel Tips by breughel
Venice Hotels: 89,999 reviews and 1,016 photos
Hotel Foscari Palace at the Grand Canal.
Hotel Foscari Palace occupies an excellent situation on the Grand Canal at 50 m from the famous Ca' d'Oro and thus near the Rialto.
The hotel is accessible with a taxi boat but also by the Vaporetto Linea 1 which stops at Ca' d'Oro. Here one has to walk only 100 m of flat ground (no bridge!) to reach the hotel.
One wing of the hotel gives onto Campo S. Sofia, a small square connecting the Grand Canal and the Strada Nova which is the main trading artery of the district Cannaregio.
Our room of "superior" type was facing the Campo S. Sofia which has a width of a dozen metres. By bending out of the window we had sight on the Grand Canal.
Our room was about 20 m2 plus a hall and a nice and complete bathroom. The room was very well furnished. The cleanliness was perfect. TV with flat screen. The nights were quiet.
The other facade of the hotel gives onto an alley about 2 m wide.
The more expensive luxe rooms and suites are at the façade on the Grand Canal.
Buffet breakfast with some fresh fruits.
The staff is OK; all speak English, some French.
Address: Campo Santa Sofia 4200/1
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the Grand Canal, 50 m on the right of Ca' d'Oro.
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (60)
- See All Contemporary art.
- See All Banning cruise ships.
- See All Aqua Alta also in summer!
breughel's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 61 Reviews
- 149 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
- Commented on one of breughel's Venice tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Aqua Alta also in summer!"
- Posted in Travel Ieper Forum "Re: Asking for reviews on the..."
- Wrote a Review Contemporary art. about Art Museums in Venice Things to Do
- updated a Venice Travel Page "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- Uploaded a Video to Venice
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (149)
Videos in VeniceSee All Videos (6)
Read real reviews about Venice Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 241 reviews, 558 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 147 reviews, 377 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 87 reviews, 219 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 65 reviews, 185 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 90 reviews, 136 photos
- Venice Intro, 61 reviews, 149 photos
- London Intro, 58 reviews, 142 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 59 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 43 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 46 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Churches- 362 Reviews, 782 Photos
- Doge's Palace- 204 Reviews, 398 Photos
- Basilica di San Marco- 220 Reviews, 394 Photos
- Piazza San Marco- 303 Reviews, 494 Photos
- Campanile di San Marco- 150 Reviews, 274 Photos
- Gondola- 163 Reviews, 271 Photos
- Canal Grande- 213 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Rialto Bridge- 169 Reviews, 285 Photos
- Carnival Time- 64 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Ponte dei Sospiri- 130 Reviews, 186 Photos
See All Venice Things to Do