"Our favoured Alsatian city" Top 5 Page for this destination Colmar by breughel
Colmar Travel Guide: 309 reviews and 951 photos
Colmar is, since we discovered this town in the nineties, our favoured Alsatian city. The one were we like to stay especially in December at the time of the Christmas markets.
Indeed our preference goes to Colmar a "family sized" town much safer than Strasbourg which holds the sad record in France to have been the first to see burning cars at New Year's Eve.
Furthermore we always preferred the Christmas markets of the Alsace to those of Germany.
There is the linguistic proximity; but more, we much like the architectural style of Colmar, the many typical houses and a small river, the good atmosphere, the Alsatian food (in our opinion better than that of its German neighbour) and then the excellent white wines.
There is also the fact that each shop window in Colmar, especially at the time of the Christmas Markets, is an invitation to gourmandise. And I am a gourmet-gourmand.
All this explains that in Colmar I don't visit museums (my usual task here on VT) but walk in the streets and look at the houses and at the shops. So none of my usual long (and boring) tips on museums here, but tips about food and wine.
Colmar is, since we discovered this town in the nineties, our favored Alsatian city. The one were we like to stay... more travel advice
The traditional Christmas Markets of Colmar, on different squares, are for me a standard of what a Christmas market... more travel advice
breughel's Related Pages
Colmar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet Little Colmar"
- "Ideal Day Trip From Strasbourg"
- "Our favoured Alsatian city"
- "Colmar - German influence in France"
- "Colmar, capital of the former Décapole"
- "Home of Miss Liberty"
- "Colours of Colmar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colmar
- Hotels in Colmar
- Transportation in Colmar
- Nightlife in Colmar
- Restaurants in Colmar
- Shopping in Colmar
- Warnings and Dangers in Colmar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colmar
- 21 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Colmar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colmar
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How bad is the weather in..."
- Commented on one of breughel's Colmar travel pages
- Wrote a Review Our favored Alsatian city. about Old Town in Colmar Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Our favored Alsatian city."
- updated a Colmar Travel Page "Our favoured Alsatian city"
Photos in ColmarSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 240 reviews, 556 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 146 reviews, 374 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 87 reviews, 218 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 58 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 90 reviews, 132 photos
- Venice Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos
- London Intro, 58 reviews, 140 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 58 reviews, 128 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannes Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 42 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
Latest Colmar hotel reviews
- Le Marechal Chateaux & Hotels De France Colmar
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- La Maison des Tetes Colmar
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Saint-Martin Hotel Colmar
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Camping de l'Ill
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 28, 2010
- Mercure Colmar Champ de Mars
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Hotel Primo
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Kyriad Colmar
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2013
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Hotel Turenne
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013