"THE SPLENDOURS OF THE DUKES OF BURGUNDY." Top 5 Page for this destination Dijon by breughel
Dijon Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 445 photos
For us Belgians Burgundy is a part of France we have very close historical links with. From the 14th to the 16th c. we belonged to the Duchy of Burgundy under the denomination of “Pays-Bas Bourguignons”.
Brussels was with Dijon one of the administrative capitals of the Dukes of Burgundy. It is not surprising therefore to find in Burgundy so many artefacts made in Brabant or Flanders which are now Belgium.
Dijon is also for present travellers a good stop on the way to the south of France.
We spent an afternoon visiting the most interesting monument of the city which is the Palais des Ducs de Bourgogne.
I started writing my comments in French as most visitors at the Palais des Ducs de Bourgogne spoke French.
The facade with its twin hexagonal towers has an austere appearance inherited from its function as church belonging to... more travel advice
As it was raining we stayed inside the Museum of Fine Arts and watched the place from the balcony. It is a beautiful... more travel advice
breughel's Related Pages
Dijon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Splendors of a Medieval and Renaissance Power"
- "THE SPLENDOURS OF THE DUKES OF BURGUNDY."
- "DIJON - the capital of the Dukes of Burgundy"
- "Capital of Burgundy"
- "Dijon - more than mustard"
- "DIJON AND BURGUNDY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dijon
- Hotels in Dijon
- Transportation in Dijon
- Nightlife in Dijon
- Restaurants in Dijon
- Shopping in Dijon
- Warnings and Dangers in Dijon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dijon
- 15 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Dijon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dijon
- Commented on one of breughel's Dijon travel pages
- Posted in Travel Ieper Forum "Re: Asking for reviews on the..."
- updated a Dijon Travel Page "THE SPLENDOURS OF THE DUKES OF BURGUNDY."
- Wrote a Review Cathedral St-Benigne - inside. in Dijon Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cathedral St-Benigne - inside."
Photos in DijonSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 242 reviews, 560 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 147 reviews, 377 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 87 reviews, 219 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 65 reviews, 185 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 90 reviews, 136 photos
- Venice Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos
- London Intro, 59 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 59 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 43 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 46 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues