"Ouidah" Ouidah by ajayzener
Ouidah Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 54 photos
Ouidah is 45 Km from cotonou, the Benin port city. Ouidah is known to be the place of origin of the Black Magic (Voodoo Magic). It is also the gateway to slave trade in the early 1800. Ouidah is a sleepy beach town and the beach here although very rough is very beautiful. The town also has a Museum where you can see the history of slave trade. Also worth visiting is the voodoo temple. In the month of January there is a voodoo festival, for which people come from different parts of the world.
One of the most quiet and silent beach that I ever visited is the Casa Del Papa beach in Ouidah. This beach is slightly... more travel advice
If you are in Benin in the month of Jan, then you can attend the Annual Voodoo Festival on Jan 10. 60 percent of Benin's... more travel advice
ajayzener's Related Pages
Ouidah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUIDAH, History Magic and Voodoo"
- "Ouidah, the spiritual capital of Benin"
- "Ouidah Front page"
- "Coco trees in Pahou"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ouidah
- Hotels in Ouidah
- Restaurants in Ouidah
- Warnings and Dangers in Ouidah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ouidah
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Ouidah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ouidah
Photos in OuidahSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 32 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Kerala Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanniyakumari Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niger Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Ouidah Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Kovalam Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos