"Pearl of Africa" Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda by ajayzener
Uganda Travel Guide: 1,279 reviews and 3,158 photos
My first visit to Uganda in 2004 was filled with a lot of scepticism. The violent past and the insecurity issues as told to me by people from across the globe left me very cautious. To my pleasant surprise Uganda was very much different from what I perceived it to be. My 2 year long stay there was one of the best in Africa. Life has been full of new experiences for me out there. Kampala is a vibrant city and security here is not an issue at all within the city.
People in Uganda are a friendly lot. They just love the company of people irrespective of region from where you belong. They are a fun loving bunch and love music and dancing. Night life in Uganda is centered around the bars/pubs/discs and other social gatherings. Natives just love to celebrate life.
The country also has one of the highest literacy rates in Africa and I found people to be intellectual but stil down to earth. The country's land is very fertile and there is a big crop of Coffee, Cocoa and Cotton which adds a lot revenue to the economy. Apart from this fishing & tourism is also one of largest revenue providers. Do not miss to tast the Ugandan Bigisu Coffee and the the matooke (Banana) also the Nile Perch and Tillapia.
A safari is a must for anyone who visits uganda. There are lots of National Parks which one can visit.
- In a nutshell:It is more than just a Pearl !!!
We witnessed this local acrobatic show near Bjagali Falls and in Munyonyo. It was mostly balancing kind of an act, using... more travel advice
Jinja is a town 125 Kms to the east of Kampala. A visit to Jinja is a must if you are in Uganda. You can visit the... more travel advice
ajayzener's Related Pages
Uganda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The pearl of Africa""
- "Undoubtedly one of Africa's hidden gems!"
- "Pearl of Africa"
- "Uganda - The Pearl of Africa"
- "BACK TO THE ROOTS"
- "Once it was called the pearl of Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uganda
- Hotels in Uganda
- Transportation in Uganda
- Nightlife in Uganda
- Restaurants in Uganda
- Shopping in Uganda
- Warnings and Dangers in Uganda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uganda
- 34 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Uganda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uganda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 32 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Kerala Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanniyakumari Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niger Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Ouidah Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Kovalam Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos