"Krabi - A holiday unto itself" Krabi by spacedust

Krabi Travel Guide: 884 reviews and 2,544 photos

Krabi - Beaches

We came to Krabi because Google told us that it would be raining in Koh Samui in October. And boy are we happy for that bit of advise. Despite all the talk of flood & rain in Thailand, our 5 day stay at Krabi saw precisely one 25minute shower at the end of which it felt like nothing had ever happened in the rain department
Krabi (and when i say Krabi, i meant the coast of Krabi) has excellent beaches, we went to 6 of them (Railey West, Ao Nang, Nopparatara, Klong Muang, Koh Pi Pi beach & Maya beach)

Krabi - Karsts

We came to Krabi because of a million pics i had seen of Lime stone cliffs jutting out of the deep blue sea. ANd boy they sure are a sight to see. Looming ahead in the distance when you gaze at them from the beach and growing like a monster as one zips towards them in a speed boat when island hopping.

Krabi for Island Hopping

I came to Krabi to see what i always referred to as blue water. And I must confess tha there is something called blue water.... And not only does one see it around Ko Phi Phi but also the little islands (koh) around the this archipelago.
One should go island hopping when you come to Krabi. I had heard of pub hopping (and you can do that too on Ao Nang) till before I got there and i come back with this new phrase in my vocabulary.

• Pros:Relaxed pace of life, Good food,
  • Cons:This is not New York!!!! Life here is on a slow drive
  • In a nutshell:This is what Thailand's all about. Not the fake shopping in Bangkok or the Go Go bars in Pattaya
  • Last visit to Krabi: Oct 2011