"All Utah has to offer" Canyonlands National Park by blueskyjohn
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 476 photos
Canyonlands National Park has three main area. The areas are "Island in the Sky," "The Needles," and "The Maze." You can not drive from one area to the other while in the park. To drive from one area to the other you must exit and drive, sometimes the entire day if you were driving to the Maze district.
The Island in the Sky area is the most populated and is at a higher altitude being on the rim of the Colorado Plateau.
The Needles are in the south from Moab, Ut. The drive in is very beautiful with many campsites. The area is more remote with less people and the trails are longer. It is a good idea to camp over night just outside the entrance to get a jump out early.
I did this as a solo overnight backpack trip. I was amazing sunset views as I left late in the afternoon and hiked down... more travel advice
blueskyjohn's Related Pages
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the Canyons"
- "Kimberlyann's Canyonlands National Park, Utah"
- "Basaic Canyonlands National Park Page"
- "Large Park Spread Over Miles"
- "Canyonlands, Island in the Sky District"
- "The Watermelon Settlement: Canyonlands"
- "Canyonlands - Remote, Tough, and Beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canyonlands National Park
- Hotels in Canyonlands National Park
- Transportation in Canyonlands National Park
- Restaurants in Canyonlands National Park
- Shopping in Canyonlands National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Canyonlands National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Canyonlands National Park
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Canyonlands National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canyonlands National Park
- Posted in Travel Napa Forum "Re: 3 day Napa trip by car"
- Commented on one of goodfish's Canyonlands National Park tips
- updated a Canyonlands National Park Travel Page "All Utah has to offer"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grand View Trail"
- Wrote a Review Murphy Trail - Perfect Solitude overnighter. in Canyonlands National Park Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Canyonlands National ParkSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 37 reviews, 117 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Tucson Intro, 29 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sámara Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Cambria Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Saguaro National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dallas Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Lhasa Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Canyonlands National Park hotel reviews
- Squaw Flat Campground
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013