"Arches National Park" Arches National Park by blueskyjohn
Arches National Park Travel Guide: 609 reviews and 1,580 photos
Arches National Park is one park I never get tired of visiting. One thing I notice is Arches never seems to be very crowded. It is always a pleasant surprise. The other thing I appreciate is that somehow the park service has mentioned to keep the entry fee to $10. I remember the year Bryce went from $10 to $20. I had just come from Arches and while I have been to each park many times before, I never understand why the difference. Each park is beautiful in its own way but I prefer Arches.
If you are just a day visitor to the park or you are camping in Devils Garden camp ground, please practice Leave No Trace principles.
While there are arches in many national parks, Arches National Park has this name for a reason of course. There are over 2000 documented arches within the park. To be an arch, the span or opening must be over 3 feet.
All of this was formed through a combination of water, wind and changing temperatures from freezing to heat. All these effects contributed to the arches we enjoy today.
I have spent the last 17 years exploring the national parks of Utah and have hiked all the trails in Arches. For the last twelve years I have guided college students to the area camping and hiking in the park and just outside the park in Moab.
I get great joy in watching the faces of my students as they see an arch for the first time. Arches also has one of the best campgrounds in the national park system, maybe because they only have 52 campsites.
This is the only campground in Arches National Park. There are 52 site to choose from. Current regulations require... more travel advice
Arches has some great places to watch the sunset. I always take the time to watch sunset when possible. I have found... more travel advice
blueskyjohn's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 9 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
- Posted in Travel Moab Forum "Re: what's the best tour to take..."
- Commented on one of blueskyjohn's Arches National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Devil's Garden campground"
- Wrote a Review Devil's Garden campground in Arches National Park Hotels
- updated a Arches National Park Travel Page "Arches National Park"
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 72 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 48 reviews, 224 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Tucson Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saguaro National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torres del Paine Intro, 17 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sámara Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (80)
Latest Arches National Park hotel reviews
- Devil's Garden Campground
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013