"Arches National Park" Arches National Park by blueskyjohn
Arches National Park Travel Guide: 624 reviews and 1,624 photos
Arches National Park is one park I never get tired of visiting. One thing I notice is Arches never seems to be very crowded. It is always a pleasant surprise. The other thing I appreciate is that somehow the park service has mentioned to keep the entry fee to $10. I remember the year Bryce went from $10 to $20. I had just come from Arches and while I have been to each park many times before, I never understand why the difference. Each park is beautiful in its own way but I prefer Arches.
If you are just a day visitor to the park or you are camping in Devils Garden camp ground, please practice Leave No Trace principles.
While there are arches in many national parks, Arches National Park has this name for a reason of course. There are over 2000 documented arches within the park. To be an arch, the span or opening must be over 3 feet.
All of this was formed through a combination of water, wind and changing temperatures from freezing to heat. All these effects contributed to the arches we enjoy today.
I have spent the last 18 years exploring the national parks of Utah and have hiked all the trails in Arches. For the last twelve years I have guided college students to the area camping and hiking in the park and just outside the park in Moab.
I get great joy in watching the faces of my students as they see an arch for the first time. Arches also has one of the best campgrounds in the national park system, maybe because they only have 52 campsites.
The park service does a great job creating trails to all the attractions in the park. Please respect that and use the... more travel advice
Cryptobiotic soil is a black crust commonly seen along the trails in Arches National Park. This crust is a combination... more travel advice
Written Mar 19, 2016
Two days in Arches National Park
Written Dec 19, 2015
Moab Adventure - 1
blueskyjohn's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 12 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (286)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
- Posted in Travel Costa Rica Forum "Re: Costa Rica in Christmas 2016"
- updated a Arches National Park Travel Page "Arches National Park"
- Commented on one of blueskyjohn's Arches National Park travel pages
- blueskyjohn created a new itinerary Two days in Arches National Park.
- Wrote a Review Stay on trails! in Arches National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Devil's Garden campground"
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 171 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 101 reviews, 439 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 68 reviews, 312 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 262 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 48 reviews, 224 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 50 reviews, 181 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 40 reviews, 187 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 36 reviews, 184 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sámara Intro, 40 reviews, 175 photos