"Arches National Park" Arches National Park by blueskyjohn

Arches National Park Travel Guide: 609 reviews and 1,580 photos

One of my favorite National Parks

Arches National Park is one park I never get tired of visiting. One thing I notice is Arches never seems to be very crowded. It is always a pleasant surprise. The other thing I appreciate is that somehow the park service has mentioned to keep the entry fee to $10. I remember the year Bryce went from $10 to $20. I had just come from Arches and while I have been to each park many times before, I never understand why the difference. Each park is beautiful in its own way but I prefer Arches.

If you are just a day visitor to the park or you are camping in Devils Garden camp ground, please practice Leave No Trace principles.

Way to be unique, Arches National Park!

While there are arches in many national parks, Arches National Park has this name for a reason of course. There are over 2000 documented arches within the park. To be an arch, the span or opening must be over 3 feet.

All of this was formed through a combination of water, wind and changing temperatures from freezing to heat. All these effects contributed to the arches we enjoy today.

Spring Break trips

I have spent the last 17 years exploring the national parks of Utah and have hiked all the trails in Arches. For the last twelve years I have guided college students to the area camping and hiking in the park and just outside the park in Moab.

I get great joy in watching the faces of my students as they see an arch for the first time. Arches also has one of the best campgrounds in the national park system, maybe because they only have 52 campsites.

• Last visit to Arches National Park: Mar 2013
  • Intro Updated May 3, 2013

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2013 at 1:55 AM

It's great that you get to guide groups of students through this beautiful area.

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

John a beautiful place to visit. Thank you.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2013 at 6:40 AM

This is a lovely place isn't it John? I enjoyed following you on your trek here and loved the Marching Men photo!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Helpful tips and fantastic photo's! What a great job you have. I don't think I would ever tire of wandering around this area

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
      Jul 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I am so fortunate to return here every year with my students. I never get tired of it either.

• katalin's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Beautiful place, amazing pictures!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM

HI john. This looks great, I havent yet explored the national parks out west as much as id like to

blueskyjohn Visits Here Frequently!

blueskyjohn

“the journey IS the destination.”

Badges & Stats in Arches National Park

Have you been to Arches National Park?

Photos in Arches National Park