"Page" Page by blueskyjohn

Page Travel Guide: 259 reviews and 734 photos

A great base for adventure

When I visit Page I always camp on the outskirts of town. Without going too far there are excellent camping opportunities. I stay in town long enough to purchase supplies, fill up my car with gas and I'm on my way.

Not to be missed is Antelope Canyon. Further west on 89 is the Paria River and Escalante National Monument. Even more fun can be had at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.

• Last visit to Page: Mar 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 17, 2014

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Funny but useful information here! Thanks for the tour and the awesome photos! If I could hike, I'd like to do so around this place.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
      Nov 26, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Thanks Linda. Not a lot of fun but this is one issue that keeps people form trying trips like this.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Love the scenery here - Nice page!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

John. What incredible photos! Antelope Canyon is someplace Ive always wanted to go to and never quite gotten around to yet. Thanks for some good tips:)

• happypasttime's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Great photos and tips!

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Homer - I did take this photo. Going at the right time of day is the most important thing to get the beams of light. It is better with a little wind. The slot canyon is very narrow so the window of opportunity is small. I was lucky because I was on my own. A photography guide will know the right times.
    John

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Wow, is this your photography? I am headed there in about 1 week. Will be spending some time throughout the kSW photographing and will hire a photography guide for Lower & Upper Antelope canyons in Page.
    Fantastic beams of light. Homer

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2012 at 6:08 AM

This place looks amazing !

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Interesting tips - great photos! Gillybob greetings

blueskyjohn

“the journey IS the destination.”

Badges & Stats in Page