"Samara" Top 5 Page for this destination Sámara by blueskyjohn
Sámara Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 172 photos
One of my favorite places to visit when I'm in Costa Rica is Samara. It is a small quiet little town that hasn't changed in the 8 years I've been going here. The people are friendly and inviting. There are some great restaurants in town such as El Lagarto and Lo Que Hay
The beach itself is large long and beautiful. It is shaped like a crescent with a gradual approach to the water which continues into the water that is perfect for swimming and surfing.
There are also excellent beaches nearby such as Playa Barrigona and Playa Carillo.
The beach at Samara is perfect for surfing. Geared more toward beginners and intermediate surfers, the waves are perfect. I've never experienced any rip tides and the floor is soft sand with hardly any rocks and little coral.
If you have never tried surfing, Samara is a great place to learn. Inexpensive and plenty of surf schools around.
My favorite place to rent a surf board and surf is Tico's Surf School. Located in the center of the crescent of Samara, it is an area where the waves break nicely.
After a full day of surfing, kayaking or swimming, there's nothing like sitting back and watching the sunset. With the sound of the surf and great temperatures, it makes for a very memorable experience.
- Pros:Small, Quiet, good food and great waves
- Cons:Limited services but the necessities are here.
- In a nutshell:The epitome of a small Costa Rican beach town
Samara is a great place to learn how to surf. Reliably easy waves, gradual beach, hardly any rocks at all and no rip... more travel advice
This is a local super market that has everything you can possibly need. I like to support the local store in stead of... more travel advice
blueskyjohn's Related Pages
Sámara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Playa Samara, quiet time on the beach"
- "Safe, pretty, calm Samara Beach"
- "Samara undiscoverd Guanacaste"
- "A nice mix of locals and visitors"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sámara
- Hotels in Sámara
- Transportation in Sámara
- Nightlife in Sámara
- Restaurants in Sámara
- Shopping in Sámara
- Warnings and Dangers in Sámara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sámara
- 16 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Sámara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sámara
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 72 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 48 reviews, 224 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 37 reviews, 119 photos
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos
- Tucson Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saguaro National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sedona Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos