"Hiking is the answer. The question doesn't matter." blueskyjohn's Profile

Where ever you go.....there you are.

Well, I have been on VT since 2006. Posted a bit of my travels at that time then took more than several years off from this site for no particular reason. But did not stop my travels. I'm back posting regularly now and enjoying the experience more and more each day. Not only is it fun and rewarding to share experiences, it's also a great way to look back and reminisce. To recall the adventures gone by. I only wish I had documented more of my adventures. So, hopefully, I am here to stay, for good or for bad.*

Where I'm most comfortable

I am fortunate to have a job I love. Part of this is because I get to take my students on various outdoor adventure trips. Even though I live in New Jersey, there is plenty of local adventure to be had. But I don't limit our adventures to the tri state area. Every winter, spring and summer break, I am taking the students somewhere. Usually Costa Rica in winter and Utah in spring. Summer is always the wild card and has ranged from China to Yellowstone National Park.

So, I am most comfortable hiking a trail, riding a mountain bike, skiing or kayaking. To share these experiences with students and get paid for it, is a dream come true. I have been living this dream for the last 18 years.

2015 Trips

June/July - Utah

Wish List:

California - Redwood National Park
Hawaii - Maui - Kauai

Something to think about.

I came across this passage in an outdoor magazine recently and found it interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it was thought provoking and decided to share on my page.

Spare me the mundane fade of natural causes, the gentle expire in the dark of night. Take me rudely, in a frantic gnashing of claws and canines in some far wilderness. Unleash your vipers, your flash floods, your stampeding wildfires. Give me the awful clarity of freefall, the mad carnival ride of avalanche. Drag these well-used bones from the trail into one final glorious maelstrom of discovery - and while you're at it release the goddamn Kraken.

I've lived well. I've adventured widely. I will not die poorly.

- Jonathan Dorn

• Intro Updated Dec 22, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

blueskyjohn

“the journey IS the destination.”

Real Name