"Hiking is the answer. The question doesn't matter." blueskyjohn's Profile
Well, I have been on VT since 2006. Posted a bit of my travels at that time then took more than several years off from this site for no particular reason. But did not stop my travels. I'm back posting regularly now and enjoying the experience more and more each day. Not only is it fun and rewarding to share experiences, it's also a great way to look back and reminisce. To recall the adventures gone by. I only wish I had documented more of my adventures. So, hopefully, I am here to stay, for good or for bad.*
I am fortunate to have a job I love. Part of this is because I get to take my students on various outdoor adventure trips. Even though I live in New Jersey, there is plenty of local adventure to be had. But I don't limit our adventures to the tri state area. Every winter, spring and summer break, I am taking the students somewhere. Usually Costa Rica in winter and Utah in spring. Summer is always the wild card and has ranged from China to Yellowstone National Park.
So, I am most comfortable hiking a trail, riding a mountain bike, skiing or kayaking. To share these experiences with students and get paid for it, is a dream come true. I have been living this dream for the last 18 years.*
Barco Quebrado, Costa Rica.
Bejuco, Costa Rica.
Carara National Park, Costa Rica.
Carrillo, Costa Rica.
Corozalito, Costa Rica.
Garza, Costa Rica.
Herradura, Costa Rica.
Islita, Costa Rica.
Nosara, Costa Rica.
San Jose, Costa Rica.
La Fortuna, Costa Rica - 6 New Tips
Samara, Costa Rica - 4 New Tips
Jaco, Costa Rica - 14 New Tips
January - Costa Rica
March - Mexico
May/June - Thailand/Cambodia
June/July - Utah
California - Redwood National Park
Hawaii - Maui - Kauai
Jim Thorpe, PA.
Storm King State Park, NY
Lone Pine, CA
Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Angkor Thom, Cambodia
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Ridley Creek State Park, PA.
Hudson Highland State Park, NY.
Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park, NY.
Tallman Mountain State Park, NY.
Blauvelt State Park, NY.
Central Nyack, NY.
Hook Mountain State Park, NY.
Fort Montgomery, NY.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico - 26 New Tips
Phoenix, AZ - 9 New Tips.
Sedona, AZ - 26 New Tips
Moab, UT - 13 New Tips
Arches National Park, UT - 3 New Tips
Goblin Valley State Park, UT - 1 New Tips
Kodachrome State Park, UT - 3 New Tips
Death Valley National Park, CA - 52 New Tips
Bryce Canyon National Park, CA - 4 New Tips
Zion National Park, CA - 6 New Tips
Lake Placid, NY - 6 New Tips
I came across this passage in an outdoor magazine recently and found it interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it was thought provoking and decided to share on my page.
I've lived well. I've adventured widely. I will not die poorly.
- Jonathan Dorn
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,214 Reviews
- 5,278 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 118 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
updated their Profile Page "Hiking is the answer. The question doesn't matter."
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you were to peg it..."
- Wrote a Review Parking for the beach in Carrillo Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Parking for the beach"
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Mons travel pages
- updated a San José Travel Page "San Jose"
- blueskyjohn and Chinggis_n_Borte are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Angkor Thum
- Commented on the Titus Canyon, Death Valley National Park travel guide
VideosSee All Videos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 72 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 252 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 48 reviews, 224 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 50 reviews, 181 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 40 reviews, 187 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 162 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 34 reviews, 165 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 30 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 30 reviews, 123 photos