"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." blueskyjohn's Profile
Well, I have been on VT since 2006. Posted a bit of my travels at that time then took more than several years off from this site for no particular reason. But did not stop my travels. I'm back posting regularly now and enjoying the experience more and more each day. Not only is it fun and rewarding to share experiences, it's also a great way to look back and reminisce. To recall the adventures gone by. I only wish I had documented more of my adventures. So, hopefully, I am here to stay, for good or for bad.*
I am fortunate to have a job I love. Part of this is because I get to take my students on various outdoor adventure trips. Even though I live in New Jersey, there is plenty of local adventure to be had. But I don't limit our adventures to the tri state area. Every winter, spring and summer break, I am taking the students somewhere. Usually Costa Rica in winter and Utah in spring. Summer is always the wild card and has ranged from China to Yellowstone National Park.
So, I am most comfortable hiking a trail, riding a mountain bike, skiing or kayaking. To share these experiences with students and get paid for it, is a dream come true. I have been living this dream for the last 18 years.*
March - Costa Rica
April - Phoenix/Prescott/Tempe/Sedona
May - Utah National Parks
May/June - China/Tibet
October - Nepal
California - Redwood National Park
Hawaii - Maui - Kauai
I came across this passage in an outdoor magazine recently and found it interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it was thought provoking and decided to share on my page.
I've lived well. I've adventured widely. I will not die poorly.
- Jonathan Dorn
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 755 Reviews
- 3,116 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 79 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
- Wrote a Review Great late night option in Phoenix Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great late night option"
- Commented on one of davidjo's Philippines tips
- Posted in Travel Tibet Forum "Re: Tibet permit rule in 2014"
- created a Prescott Travel Page "Prescott"
- blueskyjohn and felix.rivera are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Playa del Carmen
updated their Profile Page "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."
VideosSee All Videos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 72 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 48 reviews, 224 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 37 reviews, 119 photos
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos
- Tucson Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saguaro National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sedona Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos