"Hiking is the answer. The question doesn't matter." blueskyjohn's Profile
Well, I have been on VT since 2006. Posted a bit of my travels at that time then took more than several years off from this site for no particular reason. But did not stop my travels. I'm back posting regularly now and enjoying the experience more and more each day. Not only is it fun and rewarding to share experiences, it's also a great way to look back and reminisce. To recall the adventures gone by. I only wish I had documented more of my adventures. So, hopefully, I am here to stay, for good or for bad.*
I am fortunate to have a job I love. Part of this is because I get to take my students on various outdoor adventure trips. Even though I live in New Jersey, there is plenty of local adventure to be had. But I don't limit our adventures to the tri state area. Every winter, spring and summer break, I am taking the students somewhere. Usually Costa Rica in winter and Utah in spring. Summer is always the wild card and has ranged from China to Yellowstone National Park.
So, I am most comfortable hiking a trail, riding a mountain bike, skiing or kayaking. To share these experiences with students and get paid for it, is a dream come true. I have been living this dream for the last 18 years.*
You can't control the ocean of life....You can only learn to ride the waves with a little grace and style - Lansdon
Life is like riding a wave.....To keep your balance, you must keep moving - Carlson
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine - Jeff Spicoli
Barco Quebrado, Costa Rica.
Bejuco, Costa Rica.
Carara National Park, Costa Rica.
Carrillo, Costa Rica.
Corozalito, Costa Rica.
Garza, Costa Rica.
Herradura, Costa Rica.
Islita, Costa Rica.
Nosara, Costa Rica.
San Jose, Costa Rica.
Quepos, Costa Rica.
Junquillal, Costa Rica.
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica.
Kansas City, MO.
Kansas City, KS.
Bear Mountain State Park, NY.
La Fortuna, Costa Rica - 6 New Tips
Samara, Costa Rica - 4 New Tips
Jaco, Costa Rica - 14 New Tips
January - Costa Rica
May/June - Thailand/Cambodia
California - Redwood National Park
Hawaii - Maui - Kauai
Jim Thorpe, PA.
Storm King State Park, NY
Lone Pine, CA
Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Angkor Thom, Cambodia
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Ridley Creek State Park, PA.
Hudson Highland State Park, NY.
Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park, NY.
Tallman Mountain State Park, NY.
Blauvelt State Park, NY.
Central Nyack, NY.
Hook Mountain State Park, NY.
Fort Montgomery, NY.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico - 26 New Tips
Phoenix, AZ - 9 New Tips.
Sedona, AZ - 26 New Tips
Moab, UT - 13 New Tips
Arches National Park, UT - 3 New Tips
Goblin Valley State Park, UT - 1 New Tips
Kodachrome State Park, UT - 3 New Tips
Death Valley National Park, CA - 52 New Tips
Bryce Canyon National Park, CA - 4 New Tips
Zion National Park, CA - 6 New Tips
Lake Placid, NY - 6 New Tips
I came across this passage in an outdoor magazine recently and found it interesting. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it was thought provoking and decided to share on my page.
I've lived well. I've adventured widely. I will not die poorly.
- Jonathan Dorn
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,449 Reviews
- 6,363 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 146 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (105)
- Wrote a Review Santichaiprakarn Park about Santichaiprakan Park in Bangkok Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Santichaiprakarn Park"
- Commented on one of blueskyjohn's Bangkok travel pages
- Posted in Travel Death Valley National Park Forum "Re: Hiking in caves."
- updated a Bangkok Travel Page "Bangkok"
- blueskyjohn and cachaseiro are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Hiking is the answer. The question doesn't matter."
- Uploaded a Video to Angkor Thum
- Commented on the Titus Canyon, Death Valley National Park travel guide
VideosSee All Videos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 72 reviews, 297 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 252 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 57 reviews, 240 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 48 reviews, 224 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 50 reviews, 181 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 40 reviews, 187 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruines d' Angkor Intro, 34 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk Intro, 30 reviews, 142 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 29 reviews, 125 photos