"Manchester" Top 5 Page for this destination Greater Manchester by jonah1

Greater Manchester Travel Guide: 2,239 reviews and 5,181 photos

Recreating city

I had the opportunity to live here for a period of 1 year while I was travelling the UK on a working visa. Contradictory to a lot of people's opinion and tourists I absolutely loved this place and I honestly really miss it quite a lot. I have always been a fan of the underdog as I believe it stimulates greatness in so many diffirent ways. Manchester is definitely not a place I would ever compare with the likes of London but it doesn't try to be that and I believe has its own very special qualities. The place is big enough to give you the feeling of city living but its not so big that you feel consumed or like you are on a conveyor belt to hell. There is some awesome architecture, diverse neigbourhoods, great nightlife and lots of convenient day time travels at your disposal. Transport is great and most of all people that are friendlier than you will come accross in many other parts of the UK. As a tourist I would say that a 3 day visit should suffice.. best advice start walking and explore this place on your own!

• Pros:Transport, Nightlife, Architecture, Accesability
  • Cons:Weather crap in winter
  • In a nutshell:A great modern city
  • Last visit to Greater Manchester: Dec 1999
  • Intro Updated Aug 18, 2006

• kit_mc's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 4:37 AM

Fair comments on Manchester and nice pics - it is nice when it snows! My father lives there but I much prefer the brighter lights of London!!

• GuntherHK's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 12:19 AM

Excellent photos!!!

• jol1y's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Just been down Manchester today, rained all day!! Like your pages. Nice pictures. Slug and Lettuce for lunch.

jonah1

“take me to your leader...”

Badges & Stats in Greater Manchester

Have you been to Greater Manchester?

Latest Activity in Greater Manchester