"Papeete" Papeete by ahouse2003
Papeete Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 145 photos
The airport in Papeete was quite atmospheric. There was a Tahitian band singing and playing traditional music upon our arrival. There are also a few shops, fast food restaurants, and ATM machines.
I did not spend much time in Papeete's downtown area, but there is an open air market that sells Tahitian pearl jewelry, and other indigenous crafts that is worth the visit.
This restaurant was right next to our hotel. I was a bit skeptical about eating at a Chinese restaurant in Tahiti, but... more travel advice
ahouse2003's Related Pages
Papeete Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "P A P E E T E"
- "Our Gateway to the "Other Side of Paradise""
- "Tahiti Bound!"
- "Two Days Around a Trip to Moorea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Papeete
- Hotels in Papeete
- Transportation in Papeete
- Nightlife in Papeete
- Restaurants in Papeete
- Shopping in Papeete
- Warnings and Dangers in Papeete
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Papeete
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Papeete?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Papeete
Top 10 Pages
- Poás 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Nashville 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Tahiti Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dry Tortugas National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Mungo National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apollo Bay Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Xunantunich Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarapiquí Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- San José Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos